2

Draco was lifted by Harry and Ron stringing him in-between them as they did so, and both boys were surprised at just how light he was, compared to last year. It would seem that he was getting lighter each year. When Hermione touched his back, he gave a whimper of pain, before casting a quick glare at the floor, eyes filling with annoyance. Hermione just stood there, wide-eyed. 

They had finally got into a carriage and Draco was set in a lying position on the seat, Harry's hand coming in contact with Draco's side. Tears of pain flooded Draco's eyes, and he moved away from Harry's hand, glaring at all of them angrily. He was very much not happy about any of this. His father would be even less pleased. Hermione and Ron noted his strange behavior. 

"Draco, what happened?" Hermione asked. Draco glared at her, but it was less angry than normal, it seemed somewhat-panicked. After all, Hermione was known for being rather observant. He doubted that she did not know anything of what was going on. Probably just wanted to check a theory, and it was a bitter thought in his mind. Draco bit his lower lip until it bled slightly. 

"Come on, Malfoy!" Harry said impatiently. "We aren't going to beat you or anything." Draco flinched at Harry's comment. 

"There is nothing more anyone could do to me that has not already been done." Draco said under his breath. Hermione, unfortunately, heard him.

"WHAT!!??" She yelled. "You have already been beaten? By WHO!?" Harry and Ron tried to calm Hermione's emotions. "I DON'T CARE, NOBODY SHOULD EVER DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO A HUMAN, MUCH LESS ONE THAT IS NOT AN ADULT!" Draco's eyes widened in fear when she asked if he had been beaten. He did not think that she would hear him, much less ask him who it was. Draco gave a cry of pain as his sides began burning, trying to weather through it but it was difficult. His father did have a sick sense of humor, thinking that he would be able to control the pain when the burns that Lucius had used in a torture method earlier that day were still new and painful. Harry and Ron and Hermione stopped fighting at Draco's obvious pain. He wrapped his arms around his sides and started to cry, tears falling from his eyes, and yet not a sound escaped him, which caught all three of them off-guard. They had not known that Draco was capable of crying, much less that he would do it in front of them. Truth was, Draco was simply overwhelmed. The entire situation was too surreal for him. He was not able to really think about anything and it was all rather too much.

The carriage finally stopped and Draco closed his eyes and swallowed noticeably and exhaled softly, controlling both the pain and the emotions and shoving them down. He had already lost himself far too much, after all, not to mention Minerva McGonagell of all people, came running towards them, along with Albus Dumbledore-the head master- and Severus Snape- Malfoy's head of house. He most certainly did not need to be caught crying by them.

"There you three are, have you seen Mr. Malfoy?" Minerva asked. 

"Well, yeah, we had to help him off the train!" Ron said, heated at the fact that someone had beaten Malfoy to the point of no return. He had tried to figure out why, but while Draco may be a right git this was a bit too much for him.

"Professors," Hermione interjected before Ron's emotions could really get the better of him, as they normally tended to do. "I think that Malfoy may be physically battered." Hermione cut them short. Snape looked furious. 

"When?" He asked angrily, after glancing over at him and seeing Draco's condition, only Draco could see the anxiousness in his god-father's eyes.

"He got on the train like that." Harry helpfully provided.

"I am going to kill Lucius." Snape muttered inaudibly under his breath eyes fiery black. "Well do not just stand there come on, we need to get Malfoy to Madame Pomfrey!" Snape snapped, something he was good at doing especially to get people to move forwards. Albus did a quick send off of Hermione, Harry and Ron, as Severus grabbed Draco gently. Draco seemed to cower in his arms, shaking uncontrollably, but feeling much better at the hands of Severus then anything prior. At least Severus he could count on. Then the adult trio left to the Hospital Wing with a malfoy heir in tow. 

Once there, they left Draco to Madame Pomfrey's tender care. They carefully watched, ensuring that Draco was more settled. Madam Pomfrey was fussing over him, taking out a wand and tons of potions, readying to aid the boy. Then, Albus and Minerva stared at Snape. "What?" He asked, annoyed. Severus did not look away from Draco's pulled curtains, but addressed them nonetheless.

"You said something about killing someone?" Albus said, raising his eyebrows. Snape looked flustered, for the first time in..all of McGonagall's memory, and it had been quite some time for Albus after all. It was not often that Severus seemed flustered, let alone the fact that he had looked absolutely murderous.

 "It was not literal." Snape said quickly. "I am not actually going to hurt someone." He assured the Headmaster. After all, there was nothing that he could do about Lucius. Draco would never allow his memories to be admitted into evidence, and there was not any other way to prove Lucius' mistreatment.

"HEADMASTER!" Madame Pomfrey screamed at at the top of her lungs. All three adults came rushing back inside. 

"Yes, what is it?" Albus asked urgently, somewhat antsy at the rushed ton of urgency which the healer's voice held.  

"I do not know what hurts me more. The thought someone could do this to a child, or the child having to go through it." She said, tears within the corners of her eyes, visibly distressed. Albus, Minerva, and Severus looked at Draco.

It was a sickening sight that was definitely for certain. Draco's arms were covered in bruises, and he had several tender red areas where Lucius had burned him, and two specifically large burn areas covering his sides. He had had a broken rib, but the Nurse had already healed that. There were many bruises all up and down Draco's chest and stomach. It was hard to look at. Draco was being held down by magic, otherwise it was certain that he would have bolted, he looked like someone was killing him...or perhaps like he was going to kill someone. It was a similar look, and Draco was settling for straing up at the ceiling pretending none of this was happening.

"What is this?" Albus moved to Draco's side, and brushed away his hair. There was a small green mark on his neck. Snape was able to answer Dumbledore's question, voice full of bitterness.

"That is what happens when one has had the Crucio curse used on them within twenty-four hours with the wand at very close range and with great intensity." Severus spoke with great anger in his voice, rolling his eyes at Albus. Despite the severity of the situation, Severus had to admit, though Albus may be a wonderful wizard, he knew nothing about dark curses. "Good Grief, Draco, you know you could have come to me!" Snape moved to Draco's side, and Albus moved away before Severus shoved him away. They all knew that Snape had felt that Draco was like a son to him. Draco shook his head. 

"It just happened this morning." Albus jerked his head.

"You were beat this morning?" Draco flinched at the word 'beat', knowing he was getting too close to know the truth. "Was it on the Train, or the Platform." Draco gave a bitter laugh, then cut off when the pain was too much to bear. 

"If it were only that simple." Draco said. 

"You did not answer my question." Albus said sternly. "Answer the question, Draco." Draco shuddered at the command, even though Albus's voice was kind, not hating, and not angry, like Lucius's often was. 

"No, it was not anywhere close to Hogwarts property, no matter how slight." 

"All right, all right, that is enough, I must tend to my patient!" Madame Pomfrey said disapprovingly, sensing Draco's distress. Snape leaned down and asked Draco a question.

"He was somewhat drunk again was he not?" Draco gave a curt nod. Draco remembered it quite vividly, as he normally did.

Draco woke up close to seven. He was tense and scared. He had just had another nightmare. As usual, his father had been beating him. Yet, when he and his father had been having a conversation, Draco had been an utter moron and that was what happened was history, and quite obvious to everyone present.

The next day, Snape came in and handed Draco his schedule. "The nurse says that you may leave." He said. "And Draco," Draco turned. "Be composed. For your sake, I do not wish to see this happen to you when Lucius is not drunk, as it will undoubtedly be far worse, clear?" Draco shivered, but nodded.