27

Mrs Weasley sighed heavily as she sat at the table. Her eyes boring into the wood as she sat there and contemplated the decisions which had led her to taking her sons to that school. She was questioning herself quite a bit now. She had thought that having her children grow up in a society, well, a bit separated from the society of that of the PureBloods, was a good thing. That it would be better for them not to feel so stifled by the traditions, and the old fashioned expectations. Now, now she could only wonder if she had done something wrong in expecting that her children would grow up in such a way. After all, she was back and doing the very thing that she had though and hoped that she would not.

What else was there to do? She had spent a majority of her children's lives trying to keep them from the stifling expectations of the society which purebloods took place in, as she thought that despite not having them understand the intricacies of the lands, it would be helpful because they would be able to really grow into their own. Now she wondered if perhaps that was a mistake. After all, they were now in a school teaching the children the very thing that she had tried to keep them from. Perhaps it was truly for the best. Some of them seemed rather interested in learning about the society and the roles and expectations of the pureblood families. 

Whether she would like to admit it or not, the truth was that Ronald had gone way too far. Their anger towards the Malfoy family perhaps was a bit misplaced. They had shoved it onto their children. Though the Twins had gotten along with the Malfoy boy quite well, and even Percy and their elder sons had gone well, there was just something different when it came to Ron. She had thought that they had become closer during the Malfoy boy's stay here. Just now, however, she began to see just how easily the child's masks were donned on. She could not help but wonder if perhaps he had never truly been comfortable staying with them. 

She sighed heavily, head thumping into her arms as she realized that she had underestimated the child. After all, one does not survive in Slytherin, or with such a...complicated father...without learning a few things. Slytherins were well known for their ability at negotiations, because of the fact that they could portray themselves as for or against anyone or anything, even if they personally disagreed, as long as it would benefit them at some point, perhaps not immediately, but she had only seen the malfoy boy as just that. A boy, a child. She had forgotten that he was far more then just that. He was the heir of the noble house of Malfoy. 

Of course he would be able to pretend he was comfortable, even when he was not. He was an heir, and a Slytherin. She began to wonder just how much of his ability came from the general state of Slytherin, or whether it was something that had been cultivated through his childhood, something that he had learned and then perfected out of necessity. 

That train of thought, led her to yet another one. Just how many of the noble families treated their children badly. She knew that Slytherin had the highest rate of Death Eaters. Not to mention that the majority of what comprised the second generation Death Eaters were practically under He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's thumb for basically their entire life, and had been raised in war. That had to have done some major damage to their development. She wondered how many children currently in Slytherin had been forced to grow way too fast because of their parents. How many parents were like Lucius? 

She wanted to ask Ginny. Or the Twins. After all, there was no way that Ginny had just happened by the evidence which had ended up in Lucius' arrest. It would have been incredibly dangerous, and likely troublesome for whoever it was that had managed to handle the evidence. Something that she began to chastise herself for.

Why had she not thought about that? Someone had to have been close enough to Lucius, or to Draco, or both, in order to obtain that evidence. It was not something that you just happened upon. Someone had to actively had planned in advance to obtain that sort of information. Mrs. Weasley wondered, who it could be. She could not help but be curious. Although it had been in the back of her mind before, now that she had thought about it, she was unendingly curious, and could not really help but wonder hopelessly about who had gotten that sort of information.

---

Hermione glared at Ron and Harry angrily. She was not going to help them on this one. They were the ones who screwed up and failed to prepare for their test today. 

"No," She said, completing her glare with a dangerous glint to her eyes. 

"But Hermione!" Ron wailed, but Hermione had enough of that. She had given in far too many times before. She always let herself be caught up in the two's irresponsible behavior. "It is just the notes. Really fast. We forgot to study." 

"And who was the one who reminded you about the test two days ago?" Hermione demanded, folding her arms across her chest as she did so. "Please, enlighten me who offered to form a study group in the library to prepare for the test?" Harry sighed heavily at Hermione's words. 

She had warned them about the test two days ago, but they had brushed her off. Not just because they had not really been paying attention, but also because they had thought that they would have more then enough time to study, but one day of relaxation and fun swiftly turned into two, and now here they were, a few hours before the test, and they did not even have proper notes on the subject of the importance of family ties and maintaining family relations. 

They had not really thought that it would be that big of a deal, but after realizing that the test was incredibly difficult, and some of the students who had taken the test in the morning, having heard that a majority of them were just not prepared for how in depth the questions were, they kind of panicked. 

"I am not helping you this time." Hermione said, hitching her book back up more securely on her shoulder. She straightened her back and set her shoulders, settling her eyes on her so-called friends. "Perhaps this will teach you something about procrastinating your studies." She said with a stiff voice, turning on her heel and walking away from two people staring at her with shocked looks.