6

January 18, 2021, France

"Have you ever been to Paris?"

I look at him with pressed lips as we drag our suitcases through the Paris airport terminal, we just arrived and I still can't believe I agreed to this. Not for him, he has been wonderful to me, but if I had told the Elaine from a few months ago, even a few weeks ago, that I was going on a trip with a man I barely knew, I would have said that I was probably being kidnaped.

"Lewis"

"What?" He asked oblivious.

"I'm French, remember? Of course I've been to Paris before"

Even though I used to live far from the capital, it was not uncommon for me to go from time to time as a child and then for work reasons when I was older I went constantly, I even considered moving there instead of Monaco.

"That does not make it easy for me to find a cool place to show it to you, you play with an advantage"

"The party would be more than enough, you don't have to stress about anything else" He has been stressed enough with this trip I don't want to put more pressure on him.

"No, I'll take you there as a friend, it doesn't count, also, can I invite you to dinner tonight?" He flashes me a smile when we stop in front of a taxi.

"Will you ever let me invite you?"

"Not for now, I'm still trying to make you like me" I roll my eyes at him as he helps me get my suitcase in the trunk.

"Flying me to Paris is not enough?"

"Not in my books, come on, I know a place here to die for" He said before taking my hand and getting us on the back of the taxi.

We had dinner and as he had already said, he did not let me pay but I forced him to let me buy him something on our way back to the hotel, well it was not exactly buying him something, but he doesnt know that yet.

"Every shop will be already closed Ela" He afirmed once we got out of the restaurant, it was honestly not that late but he was just being dramatic.

"Not this one, just wait"

We walk a couple more streets until I stop in front of a local. From the outside it looked like a cafeteria but it was still open at this time.

"Coffee?" He asked trying to guess where I was taking him.

"Not coffee, although it has something to do with it, let's go in" I open the door and a beautiful girl with tanned skin and long black hair greeted us with a smile on the reception.

"Hi! Are you Elaine? You talked with the owner, I'm Lucy" She said getting out from behind the counter.

"That's me, nice to meet you, this one here is Tom, he's kind of shy" I introduces him lightly squeezing his arm.

"Hi, nice to meet you" He added following my lead.

"Are you going to need me to guide you through the process or...?"

"It won't be necessary, it's not my first time, I can teach him" I could feel the confused stare Lewis was giving him but I was enjoying myself too much to explain it to him right know.

"That's fine, I'll be here if you need me, you have everything ready for when you want to start. When you finish let me know so we can put it in the oven as soon as possible, I hope you have a great time guys" She pointed us to the door. I took his arm and pulled him inside, a dimlight room welcoming us.

"Tom?" He wispered.

"I didn't know if you wanted them to know your name, it was the first one that came to my mind" He was still trying to guess what we came here.