26

November 14, 2021, São Paulo

Lewis POV

I looked at the clock once more, I had already turned off the alarm, having woken up before it went off. I hadn't managed to sleep well, the sheer nerves of the race leaving me in a state of restless sleep but when I opened my eyes I saw her there.

The nerves were probably still there, somewhere in the back of my head, forgotten because at that moment I could only focus on how peacefully she looked while she was sleeping.

I think these are some of my favorite moments, simple, calm, intimate. No prying eves, no rush, no nerves.

She liked to snuggle when it was cold outside while I tended to get too hot under the duvet, yet most nights I ended up sleeping in just a pair of shorts jut for her to be cuddled by my side. I don't see her complaining, neither do I.

This morning I had woken up with her with one of her arms around my waist and her head resting on my shoulder, one of her legs slightly over mine too. I couldn't move and honestly, I didn't want to.

But it was a race morning, and Brazil was always special.

My hand goes up and I brush her cheek with my knuckles. She frowned at the touch, I placed a kiss on her forehead but she only closed her eyes tighter. She knew what I was doing and she didn't like it.

"Come on, we need to wake up" But she just hid her face in the crook of my neck and hugged me tighter.

"No we don't" My hand went up and down her back, trying to finish waking her up in a calm way.

"Breakfast ends in half an hour" I warn her.

"I don't need breakfast" she said before leaving a kiss on my neck.

"But I do" She lifted her head from my shoulder.

"Do you really?" She rested her chin on my chest looking at me with a pout.

That's playing dirty.

"I hate you" I sigh and she smiles and leaves a kiss on my lips.

"I love you too" She said before cuddling in my chest again.

"Surely it's not because part of my family is going to be here today, right?" I ask brushing my fingers through her hair.

"No"

"Sure it's not" I wisper, I knew she was nervous, she didn't have to tell me "You have nothing to worry about, they will adore you, just like I do"

She lifted her head from my chest and looked at me with a mischievous grin.

"So, about that breakfast" Her hand lowered from my chest to my abdomen scrutiangly slow and I wet my lips in anticipation "I'm craving some pancakes now that you mention it"

She sat up in bed and tried to get out of it, but I grabbed her waist and laid her down again, now hovering over her.

"Oh hell no, now you won't have breakfast" I went down to kiss her neck and I felt the vibrations of her chest with her laugh.

If only she knew how happy she made me.

Maybe we were a little late to the circuit after that, just a tiny bit.

Angela was waiting for us at the entrance to the paddock, we wanted to be there today before the rest of the drivers, to have time to prepare, getting in the rough mindset.

"Morning guys- so that's why you guys didn't come to have breakfast!" She exclaimed as she saw us.

"What are you...? Oh" I looked down at what she was staring. She's going to kill me.