34

This one is a little shorter than usual but I promise the next ones will be waaay longer. I have a big exam coming up and couldn't do anything better, sorry :')

___________________________________________

January 7, 2022, Monaco

Lewis POV

"Yes, mum, we'll stop by to visit this month." I say into the phone.

"I thought you were coming to celebrate your birthday here" I lean on the kitchen counter holding the phone to my ear

"It's not a big deal we will go soon, plus I have to stay several weeks to be able to go to the factory next month, Ela wanted to get some work done and spend time with her friends before going" I tell her.

"Still, it's your-"

"Mum, you saw us at Christmas, it was like two weeks ago" I remind her.

"You could have stayed" She said. And maybe I could have but it's not what I needed at the moment, and I wanted to start being a little selfish for once.

"I love you, you know that I love spending time with you all and that I don't see you as much as I should. But our life is here right now and we haven't spent more than a week at home for months, we needed the rest"

"Did she enjoy coming here?" She asked, We had spent a week there with my family and even though at first it seemed like she was a little out of her depth, she ended up confessing to me that she had a great time so that was one concern less.

"She did actually, that's not why we haven't gone mom, Elaine loves you guys but I didn't want to go, we'll go next week or the week after" I assured her. It's not like I'm passionate about celebrating my birthday and I haven't celebrated it at home for years, the last few years spending it New York or here in Monaco.

"Okay, I'm sorry, she was lovely by the way, we just miss you" She said.

"I know, I miss you guys too"

"Do you have any special plans for today?" I had already trained, taken a shower and had breakfast, while Ela was still asleep in our room.

"I don't know, she hasn't gotten up yet, yesterday she stayed late at the studio and came in exhausted, I'm letting her sleep in" I explain.

"I saw you different when you came" She pointed out.

"Different good or bad?" I mean, sure, I felt different than in previous visit perhaps but I didn't think they would notice.

"I've never seen you happier" I can't help but smile even though no one is watching me right now.

"I'm happier, she makes me happier" I say.

"I'm glad, you deserved it" She sweetly added.

"I think she's the one mum" I confess almost in a whisper so that if there was a chance that she was already awake she wouldn't hear me.

I heard a chuckle on the other side of the line, as if I had said something obvious.

"I know, I could tell, you look at her like she hangs the moon and the stars in the sky for you" She noted.