10

February 15th 2021

Lewis' POV

"I think you're going to like this one, I mean there are three of the artist exposed but one of them is just stunning" I was driving us early in the morning so we could get into the gallery before it opened and she was vibrating with excitement.

I had found her this morning preparing breakfast almost before the sun came up, eagered to start our morning.

"I see you cheered today, did you win the lottery while you were sleeping and didn't tell me?" Her nails were tapping the door to the rhythm of the music that was playing softly on the radio, a nervous tick that we both share.

"I just think you're going to like this one, you always take me to super cool places and you never like any of the paintings so-" I take a look at her looking at her confused.

"It's not that I don't like them, I didn't enjoy the one in Paris but the one in Monaco seemed beautiful to me. But we have already talked about this, it may be beautiful-" She sighed and straighted up in her seat.

"Yes, yes, you are waiting for the painting to speak to you. It will talk to you, you will see, this is one of my favorites"

"You are putting the expectations through the roof, what am I going to find, The Mona Lisa?" I laughed.

"Do you really want something like the Mona Lisa hanging in your living room? I didnt know that was your taste in art"

I saw the Mona Lisa several years ago and honestly it wasn't that big of a deal, I imagined it was bigger.

"I don't know much about art, like, do people really have a favorite painter or style? I feel like I like them all and none at the same time"

Honestly, I enjoy the atmosphere much more, the people I can talk to and the variety of different works that I can see in a museum or art gallery. I don't think much about whether I like them that much.

"Do you have a favorite singer or song? Maybe a favorite style of music?" She asks, not really knowing why the change of subject. But I have learned to let her flow, she always comes to some interesting point.

"Of course I do, everyone does"

"But you don't think that someone can have a favorite painter?" Touchè.

"What are yours?" I wonder.

"Nothing too complicated, I like Rembrandt, Gentileschi and Sorolla for the classics but I mostly follow whatever rotating exhibition is put in the museums or galleries near me"

I can't help but laugh at that, she looks at me strangely because of my laughter.

"What? What is so funny?" She asked.

"I don't even know who any of those are" I confessed.

"You have to get out of the house more Lewis"

"I already get out of the house enough" I barely even touch my house during the year.

"I meant to do things that doesnt involve driving"

"I like to invest my time in things that are really worth it" She rolled her eyes at me.

"Like going from country to country with me just looking for a painting?"

"Yes, exactly that" I breathed out and I swear I could see how she hides a smile behind her hand "By the way, the next trip will not be until April"

I already had everything prepared.

"Busy schedule?" I shrugged my shoulders, I think busy is an understandment.