27

November 20, 2021, Qatar

Elaine's POV

I shift the bag of food from one hand to the other as I call the elevator. Lewis sent me a message saying that he was close to arriving. My cell phone started ringing and I thought he was going to be late and he was going to let me know but when I pick it up I see that it wasn't him.

"Hey Ela, how's it going?" Gina ask once I pick up.

"It's going great, apart from not knowing what day I live on right now of course" I chuckle.

"That bad?"

"A few days ago we were in Brazil and now we are on the other side of the world, I still don't know how he does this all year long" It had been an intense month, spending almost the entire time on the American continent and now having to fly to Asia to the last part of the season.

"Is that why you didn't go to the paddock today?"

"Are you stalking us?" It felt like the elevator was stopping at every floor, someone either getting on or getting off.

"I'm just a dedicated friend. And I know you, feeling alright?" She asked worried.

"Yes, just a little tired, Lewis practically locked me in our room when he found out I wasn't at one hundred percent" I explain.

"Good, you have to rest, it has been a busy year"

"Please tell me this is not a work call I will reject any contract" I sigh.

"No, no, I know you need a rest, still working on that project of yours?" I left that project behind practically at the same time I finished the collection.

"I kind of started another one, you will see it soon" I tease.

"Is that Elaine? Pass me the phone" Jordan was heard on the background and they exchanged the phone "Hey Ela! When are you coming back? We miss you" The elevator finally got to my floor and I got off, our room being in the very end of the corridor.

"Only two more races and it will be the winter break, we thought about going back to Monaco for a couple of days next week but maybe we just go directly to Saudi Arabia. I miss you guys too" Lewis has a week off between races but lately we've been spending so much time on planes that we were considering going straight from here and spending a week without needing to fly anywhere.

"Is Lewis with you?" He asks "He got the pole I wanted to congratulate him"

"He must be about to arrive from the circuit, I went down to get some dinner for us, I'm almost in our room now" I rest my phone between my shoulder and my ear while I search my bag for our hotel room card.

"Did you tell her the good news?" He must be talking to Gina since I didn't have any news to tell.

"What news?" I manage to find the card but I don't open the door, holding the phone back to my ear suddenly very interested in this conversation

"Jordan, shush it" Their call was now on speakerphone, as I could now hear my friend perfectly.

"Come on I want to tell her, I've been silent for weeks, let me tell her" He begged getting a laugh out of me.

"Now you definitely need to tell me, spill J" I demanded.

I heard murmurs on the other end of the line while they argued, I could barely make out a couple of words until I heard a defeated sigh.

"I'm pregnant" Gina blurted out.

"Shut the fuck up!" I exclaimed just as the door in front of our's opened, revealing a child with her mother, clearly judging my choice of words "Sorry" I apologised as they passed in front of me "Shut the fuck up" I repeat now more quietly.