31

A chapter on a MONDAY?! And Abu Dhabi no less!

This chapter is almost twice as long as normal so I only ask one thing of you, Please don't be silent readers, vote, comment, anything, I love reading all the comments and it really motivates me to keep writing. It's not a threat, I'm not going to kill any character off if you dont (or am I?) No, no, just kidding, I'm not going to do it. But I really spent a LOT of time on this chapter so I really hope you guys like it!!!

___________________________________________

December 12, 2021, Abu Dhabi

Lewis POV

We had had a quiet morning, the race started at five in the afternoon local time, we would eat at the hospitality already in the circuit, wanting to use the hours prior to the race to be prepared to any possible scenario.

I was tying my braids on the back of my head when I heard her gasp.

"I almost forgot! I have something for you" She exclaimed excitedly.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Wait here, Angela has it" She said before almost running to the door and leaving the room.

It hasnt even been a minute when I saw her enter the room again with a large box in her hands, pushing the door open with her shoulder, I went to help her but she stopped me before I could.

"Sit down" She told me, nodding towards the bed. I do as I was told and sat down on the bed edge "Okay, you know the drill, be honest, don't lie to me, you don't need to use it if you don't like it"

"Use it?" I asked confused.

She puts the box on my lap, the half-open cardboard flaps only allowed me to see a black cloth inside.

"What is it?" I wondered and she gave me a shrug.

"Open it and you will see" she said clasping her hands before her.

I opened the flaps of the box and saw that it was not a black cloth, but something inside a black cloth bag. I recognized the bag and looked at Elaine for confirmation, all I had to do was see the look on her face to know I was right.

"You did not!" I put my hands into the box and carefully took it out.

"Before you ask, everything is cleared with your team if you end up using it, I talked it with Toto last week, also contacted a couple of you guys helmet designers so it follow all the regulations" She added with a smile.

I opened the bag, unable to resist another second without seeing the helmet and carefully pulled it out, completely shocked once I saw the completed design.

It was all hand painted. A red phoenix, it almost looked like it was on fire spreading its wings on the top of the helmet, I just know that it will look incredible once I'm inside the car.

"The phoenix is ​​related to resilience and rising from the ashes, being able to get out of adversity being a better version of yourself" She explains while my fingers brush the red brush strokes.

The bird stood out on a dark gray background, almost black, the rest of the helmet with purple and silver colors, I did not know that something like this could be achieved with a brush on a helmet.

I turned it around to see the back and my fingers passed over a neatly written phrase.

"Still I rise" I read outloud, my smile widening by the second.