29

So...hi!

BEFORE READING: I'm very curious to know what you think is going to happen, I would love to read your theories before you read what really happened, yes I'm nosy, and what?😂

Also, as a peace offering so you can forgive me for the cliffhanger in the last chapter, another Lewis POV?!

Enjoy!!!!
___________________________________________

December 5, 2021, Saudi Arabia

Lewis POV

"Lewis, go get on that podium, please" She begged me.

I tried to look for a clue about what was happening on her face but I couldn't find it, she had taken care of masking her emotions enough so that not even I could figure out what was happening.

"I don't know what happened but I love you okay? I'll be down here as soon as possible" She nods and I caress her cheek, only at that moment could I see some vulnerability in her eyes "Stay with her" I ask Angela and she nods.

They take me to the cool down room, I know that Valtteri has seen everything, being just meters away celebrating his podium but he didn't say anything about it.

I try to look for her in the audience when I get on the highest step and the hymns begin to play, I panic for a second, not being able to find her at first until I spot her among the tide of people.

The interviews seemed eternal to me even though I have probably flown from one to the next to finish in record time. I left my press team behind before they had time to say anything to me and ran to my garage, knowing she would be there waiting.

"Let's go" I tell her when I see her.

I intertwine our fingers and pull her to my drivers room.

I close the door to my drivers room behind us and she lets out a deep breath.

"Hey, it's okay" I placed my hand on her back and gently pulled her towards me, holding her in my arms finally in the privacy of these four walls.

"No it's not" She shook her head and I pull away just enough to see her face, she has dropped all barriers, I could perfectly see the panic in her eyes "Everything is getting out of control and you know how I need to have everything under control, Lewis it is a disaster and-"

"Wait Ela, wait a second, what is happening?" I needed to know what was the problem so I could help her.

"Everyone knows Lewis, everyone, it's in every news. I was calmly walking through the paddock when suddenly Ted Kravitz put a fucking microphone in my face and started questioning me about my latest collection and if it was about you"

"He did what?!" I didn't know anything about how this information had reached the paddock but just thinking about him believing he had the authority to stop her and ask about it without any type of confirmation, while she was here as my guest here makes my blood boil.

"I didn't know what to do. I just..." She shook her head again and let out an exasperated huff "There's probably a video out there, I probably look like an idiot. I didn't even want to look at it. I gave him a quick response telling him that I didn't know what he was talking about and I ran to the garage. You were already gone and the race was about to begin"

"You could have gone to the hotel" I knew what this meant to her and I was clear that cameras and constant attention would not have helped her.

"I wanted to be here for you. I stayed in the back of the garage and everyone was being so nice to me, Susie and Tiffany were trying to calm me down but I...I just wanted to get out of there, I had lied to them too and they had been so kind to me" She said feeling guilty.