17

I'm addicted to Lewis' point of views so here's another one :)

As always, I greatly appreciate every vote and comment, this week has been really hectic trying to prepare the next few weeks before starting my exams but I at least got the chapter out on time😂 Hope you guys enjoy it!!!

Ps: it's 2 am and I just finished editing the chapter so if there is any mistake just point it out and I will change it in the morning, my English doesn't work this late hahaha
___________________________________________

August 5, 2021, New York

Lewis POV

I managed to start the summer break regaining the championship lead in the last race so that was definitely a rest of mind.

We arrived in New York yesterday, we are going to stay a week in my penthouse here, just getting away from everything for a few days.

Lately I have been feeling more...happy? I found myself just smiling to nothing, I wake up feeling lighter and life just seems less dull you know? I'm still stressed but at least I'm not just stressed all the time.

And I find myself wondering if this is too good to be true, if maybe this feeling is going to be something temporary, ephemeral.

"Did you really just take a photo of me sleeping?"

She was sitting in front of the window of my penthouse room, a faint aura of light coming from the street illuminating her. She was just wearing my t-shirt, I had to start packing extras just for her.

"Clearly I did not if you realized" She left the camera on her crossed legs on the chair.

"You had the flash on" I lean my head back on the pillow and took a look through the window, the sun was barely starting to show in the horizon.

"I had to get the details, Lewis!"

I guess if this is just for a while, I'll just have to choose a moment to live in forever.

"Isn't it like, stupidly early to get up while on vacation?" She shrugged her shoulders letting herself fall back on the chair.

"Couldn't really sleep"

"Come here, I'm cold without you" I try to convince her.

"It's August" She gives me a knowing smile, was she really going to make me beg her to come back here with me?

"Are you going to come or am I going to have to carry you back to bed?"

She gets up from the chair and approaches my side of the bed, when she is close I sit up and take her by the waist, laying her down next to me.

My hands go to her face and I gently grab it, leaving kisses all over her face as she giggles. I pull her even closer to me, her head now resting mere inches from mine.

"Happy birthday my love" I watch how her eyes soften at that and how her shoulders fell.

She snuggled into my chest and my hand rested between her shoulder blades, gently drawing imaginary lines over her shirt.

I knew this day was going to be difficult for her, that's why we decided to come here.

"I don't want to leave this bed all day, no, all week, no, better, a month, I'm going to buy this house from you and that's it, we can stay here forever" I leave a kiss on her forehead.