8

February 14, 2021, UK

We wanted to get as many paintings off the list as possible before Lewis had to start the season so he decided we had to go to London as soon as possible. The presentation of Lewis's Mercedes fell just in time for a quick trip there.

The presentation would be at the silverstone circuit and I couldn't travel eairlier so Lewis was going to pick me up directly at the airport before heading there.

"My favourite interior designer is back!" He was leaning on a black Mercedes with a black coat and some sunglasses covering his eyes.

"How many interior designers do you know? Are you cheating on me Lewis Hamilton?" He picked up my suitcase with one hand pulling me closer with the other arm to hug me, leaving a kiss on the side of my head.

"Keep your voice down Elaine if you don't want the press digging up your blood type" He chuckled opening my door and leaving my luggage on the truck of the car.

"When they find out, they can tell me because I don't even know which one I have" We got in the car and he shed his coat, revealing a Mercedes T-shirt underneath.

"Did you have a nice flight?" I fall back in the luxurious seat taking in the warmth and tranquility in Lewis' car.

"Other than the baby who was screaming like he was being murdered a couple of rows behind me, sure, a nice flight"

Lewis drove with amazing ease, although considering the speed he was used to driving this must seem extremely boring to him.

"Here, you will have to wear this" He took a cap from above the glove compartment.

"Not sure if it's my color" I joke.

It was a simple Mercedes cap, I suppose from last season, although I wouldn't be surprised if it was the new one and he had it before anyone else. It was black with the Mercedes logo and Lewis' number embroidered.

"Ela, it's back, it's everyone's color" My fingers trace the numbers in the cap, a new question surfacing.

"Why the 44?"

"It's my number, did you prefer one of Valtteri or what?" He pointed to the same number in his chest, as if I didn't know it was his.

"No, I mean why did you choose that number, it has to have some meaning so that even after winning you don't change it" I wondered.

"I don't like wearing the 1 at all I've never done it, not sure I ever will. 44 is my special number, it's the number I wore in my first years of karting and I wanted to bring it to F1"

As soon as we got to the circuit they took Lewis away. It didn't bother me, it was his job after all, the face of the brand with Valtteri, and I was only a guest. So I got out of the way and enjoyed the event. The car was beautiful and it seemed fast, although I didn't know if it was going to be fast either because the only thing I know about my car is that it's automatic, so this was not exactly my field.

The event was almost ending when a blonde approached me.

"Are you Elaine? I'm Angela, Lewis's physio and assistant, even though lately I seem like his babysitter" She seemed nice so I gave her a smile just like the one she was giving me.

"Really nice to meet you, yes, I'm Elaine" I don't question how she knew my name, probably having to take over my invitation today by being his assistant.