2.1

March 3, 2043, Bahrain

Sienna's POV

"I'm jealous, now you're going to have to put up with someone else as a teammate, you should have just come to Prema with me."

Leo Verstappen, with just 18 years old he has the same raw talent as his father at his age, the same stupidity at times too.

"You could have come to ART with me, so I wouldn't have to put up with Marcus" I say.

"Could you remind me why we hate him?" He asks while we walk through the hotel's corridors.

"Every time he sees me he ignores me like the plague? You are literally talking to me and he says hello to you but acts as if I don't exist" I remind him.

"Maybe it's his way of flirting" He proposed.

"With you maybe, he should go to a therapist if his way of flirting is making the other person feel invisible" I get on the elevator and hit the gym floor, Leo gets in with me even though I know he's not even going to step foot in the room.

"You should have just come to Prema, they offered us the seat together!" It's been a recurring discussion since I signed my contract.

"And I already told you that I preferred ART! It's not my fault they didn't offer it to you too" I joke, I would have loved them offering us the seat together, unfortunately they had Marcus on their lineup and having gotten a P2 in the championship they weren't going to let him go, no matter how good Leo's potential was, because at the end of the day it was just that, potential.

"I'm going to destroy you on the track tomorrow" He assured me just as the elevator doors opened.

"Keep telling yourself that. I will see you around" I say goodbye leaving the elevator while he presses the button for his floor.

I pass my hotel key to open the gym doors, finding my father with his arms crossed leaning on the entrance counter.

"You're late" He said.

"You said at six" I remind him "It's only been five minutes"

He rolled his eyes and I walked past where he was leaning, heading straight for the treadmills. It was going to be a short practice, having had a wise qualifying session today I knew he wasn't going to be too hard on me.

He got on his treadmill beside mine, I set the distance I wanted to run and started the program. He extended his arm toward the screen of my treadmill and added three more miles to my workout.

"Why do you hate me?" I started with a moderate pace, him doing the same on his treadmill.

"Sienna darling, it's just three more miles" He said.

"Add them to yours too then"

"No thanks, I'm not that young anymore" He laughed.

"I hate you"

"Just run, it's good for you" Not so sure about that.
We ran in silence for a while, only hearing our strides on the moving treadmill.

"Are Ethan and mum coming?" I asked.

"Of course they're coming, how could they miss this? They're on their way right now, Ethan had an exam today so mum picked him up an hour ago from campus" He explained.

"I didn't even call him this whole week" I muttered and I could see him watch me worriedly while I ran, trying to focus on the view through the window in front of us.