22

Make sure you have read the first part of this double update before this one👀 

___________________________________________

October 1, 2021, Monaco

Lewis' POV

I tried to put on a happy face while my family visited me. My mother did not ask any more questions when I told her that Ela was not going to come to the dinner that I had promised her, I guess she noticed that I didnt feel like talking. I was going to introduce her to my family, I went into her house so happy and everything fell apart in mere seconds that I honestly didnt have time to process what was happening.

My family left yesterday and I hadn't left my house since, burying myself in my own misery.

Because I knew that I had overreacted, I knew that my feelings were valid but the ways were not. I regret having left like that, not having let her explain herself and trying to make her feel guilty about all it.

But I couldn't stop overthinking the times she'd been faking it to my face. All the times she had acted confused by the paintings even though she knew where each brushstroke came from.

It made me rethink what was true and what wasn't, how could I separate the truth from the lie? How could I separate the idea I had formed of her from her real self?

But I guess there came a point where I realized that this fight was going to be more about my fears than about what she had done. Because her decisions were understandable, perhaps not entirely justifiable but understandable.

I was on my couch with Roscoe curled up next to me while a tabloid show I'd never heard of was on TV. It was entertaining but I wasn't very interested in the dress a B-list celebrity had worn to her red carpet.

My boredom was interrupted by the doorbell ringing. It surprised me, since whoever was calling was already inside the building so it was either a neighbor or someone who had gotten someone to open the building gate.

I looked through the peephole and... wait, what was her friend doing in my house?

I open the door, halfway fearing that something bad has happened and that's why she was here.

"Gina, long time no see" She crossed her arms before looking me up and down.

"We're leaving, grab your things" she demanded.

"Excuse me?"

"I told you to take your things, Mr. Hamilton, she barely leaves that place for half an hour a day, we have to hurry" Wait, so Ela doesn't know she's here?

"I don't know if she's told you but we're taking some time off" I inform her but she just sighs.

"If she told me? She's basically been living in that studio of hers, believe me, I've noticed, now grab what you need before I force you into my car" I stare at her with wide eyes.

I enter the house again, taking my phone and house keys before grabbing a jacket from the coat rack at the entrance.

"Thank you! To the car, Hamilton." She had a BMW parked in the driveway and she got into the driver's seat.

"You told me she was just a friend of yours, not that you worked with her." I say once she's driving.

"She is like a sister to me, don't even think about the opposite. I love her as a sister that's why I work with her, I started in this for her, the rest is history"