33

Initially the last scene didn't even exist but Wattpad went down and I started writing it to make something useful while I waited...it ended up taking me waaay more than what I originally intended but at least it's finally out😩 Also, tw: mature content ahead😉  (just in the very end for those who want to skip it)

_________________________________________

December 23, 2021, Monaco

Elaine's POV

After the party that was Abu Dhabi we went straight to Monaco. It had been a very stressful few months and I think we both needed these days to rest.

We only had one last loose end left in Monaco before we headed to London tomorrow to celebrate the holidays with Lewis' family.

"Have you seen my gold necklace?" I ask him, looking up from the jewelry box.

"Which one?"

"The one I always use for these things" He must have seen me wear it a bunch of times already.

"No I've not"

"I can't find it in my jewelry box and I need to wear a necklace with this dress, can you help me look for it?" I really wanted to wear one and If I didn't find it soon we were going to be late.

"Maybe you should look in this box" He pushed himself off the wall he was leaning on and revealed a wrapped rectangular box that he was hiding behind his back.

"Lewis, have you hidden my necklace just to give me another one?" I ask taking the box from him.

"I just happen to have this box that may have something you need, I don't see how that relates to me hiding a necklace from you" I look at him with a raised eyebrow "Okay yes, I took it, I will give it back after you open this"

"It's not Christmas yet" I remind him, my presents for him being already packed in my suitcase to take them to the UK tomorrow.

"It's probably Christmas somewhere in the world already" He tried to reason

"No it's not" I chuckle.

"Just open it Elaine"

I rip the wrapper discovering a black velvet box underneath. I open it, finally showing the content inside.

It was a beautiful and delicate necklace, a thin golden chain with a drop-shaped pendant, a small gem inside, almost...

"Is it a drop of water?" I said, my smile widening by the second.

"It is actually a sapphire but yes, it may resemble a drop of water" He helped me taking the necklace out of it's box "Can I?"

"Please" I turn around and I put my hair up to the side so he can hook it around my neck. "It's beautiful Lewis"

"Do you know that there are people who detect the smell of rain before the rain has even arrived?" His hands rested on my shoulders as I looked at how my new gift looked on me.

"Are you so bored during the winter break that you have started researching about my pseudonym?" I joke.

"Maybe, just a little bit" I turned around in his arms being greeted by his smile.