2.3

April 12, 2043, Pyrenees

Sienna's POV

“Need any help?” Marcus had slowed his pace to walk beside me.

“No” This whole excursion was already being enough torture without having to put up with him.

“You are falling a little behind” He said.

“There are still people behind us” I glance at a small group from our team, calmly chatting without giving us any attention.

“You know they are there so we don't get lost, right? We are literally the last ones”
One of my hands goes up to my neck to try to loosen the knot that was forming there.

“Well, go ahead if that bothers you so much, I'm going at my own pace” I end up saying.

“Nah I will stay, just in case a bear or something shows up, I wouldn't want to be left without a teammate in the middle of the season” He ends up deciding after giving it some thought.

“Do you really see yourself capable of beating a bear in a fight?” I ask.

“If it's not really big…” He starts totally serious.

I stop dead in my tracks to look at him dumbfounded “Marcus! It's a damn bear, how can you believe you have a chance?”

“Well I can run fast, and I could climb a tree, do bears know how to climb trees? If they do, I'm probably screwed” There aren't even trees around us right now, having left the forest area behind and now being in what looks more like a mountainous meadow.

We continued walking, realizing that in fact, the group behind us had stopped when they saw us do the same, confirming what Marcus had said about them being there only so that we wouldn't get lost.

“So your strategy was simply to run and climb? And how does that save me?” I ask.

“It would give you time to escape, you are slow but your survival instincts would come out or something” I roll my eyes at him, seamless plan “Now seriously, I think I could take on a shark, as long as it didn't catch me by surprise of course”

“You've really given this thing some thought haven't you?”

“They are big fish, fish are stupid, I had some when I was little and they kept hitting the walls of the aquarium, I could fight a big stupid fish” I looked at his face, the bastard hadn't even broken a sweat yet and you couldn't even see dark circles under his eyes, we had been awake since six in the morning and he has the same energy as a child in Christmas morning.

“I would bet…against you probably”

“So that's the faith you have in me? Good to know” He nods and gives me a quick look down at me before returning his gaze back to the front.

“That's the faith I have in the shark” Even though they are stupid fish, I am on their team without a doubt “Now seriously, there are no bears around here, right?”

“If that makes you sleep better at night…” He trails off.

“Marcus, are there bears here?” I ask more worried now.

“Not many”

“Not many?!”

“We're not going to find a bear, Sienna” He assured me.

“Well of course not, but what if it finds us?” He laughs at me, does he think I'm joking? “Don't laugh, are you aware that we are going to have to sleep in a cabin in the mountains? What if it follows us?”