Chapter 2

When Cleo woke up again later that afternoon, she quickly stretched her arms out in front of her, trying to stretch out her stiff muscles. The room felt a little colder without Carlos there, so Cleo hopped out of bed and headed downstairs. She found Carlos sitting on the couch scrolling through his phone with a slight frown etched onto his face. Cleo furrowed her eyebrows at the sight. She sat beside Carlos and pecked his cheek before resting her chin on his shoulder. "What are you doing?" She questioned him. Carlos turned off his phone and set it aside. "I'm waiting for Jay to get home from a mission . He left a little after nine this morning saying he would be back soon but apparently he didn't come home." Carlos muttered frustratedly. Cleo chuckled and kissed him tenderly on the corner of his lips before pulling back. "Hey don't worry babe. We'll figure everything out eventually." She assured him. "And if not I added a secret tracker on him like I did with the other members of our gang." Cleo added. She grinned slyly and watched as Carlos' eyes widened in shock. "Wait really?!" Carlos asked excitedly. Cleo nodded her head proudly. Carlos let out a small chuckle and squeezed Cleo's waist gently. "This means I can call any member of my gang at anytime no matter where they are or who they are with?" Carlos asked excitedly like a kid on Christmas. Cleo laughed at his excitement and nodded her head. "Exactly!" Carlos smiled widely and placed a sweet kiss on her forehead. Cleo blushed a deep shade of crimson. "Thank god we're married now." She mumbled. Carlos chuckled again and pulled her closer. "Yeah I guess we are. And I know how lucky I am because I have such a beautiful wife who loves me and cares about me so much." He smiled. Cleo giggled lightly and wrapped her arms around his neck. "And you too... You mean so much to me." She whispered. She leaned in and pressed a quick kiss to Carlos' lips. Carlos returned the gesture before breaking off the kiss and looking her dead in the eye. "I hope you know that I'll always protect you, babygirl." Cleo giggled and pulled him in for another kiss. "Me too." She smiled.