Chapter 30

7 Months later

It was currently Sunday afternoon and Carlos and Cleo were currently in the backyard out at their spring vacation home with the rest of both Cleo and Carlos' gang. All of them were playing games and it was boys vs girls.  They had been playing for hours and still didn't lose. Cleo was laying on the grass watching Carlos play. He looked adorable while running around throwing punches and kicks.  Cleo thought he was amazing. Cleo smiled as she admired his muscular body.  Cleo was startled when someone cleared their throat behind her. When she turned around and saw who it was her smile disappeared and confusion replaced it.  It was her mom. Cleo quickly wiped the fake smile from her face. "Can I talk to you alone for a minute Cleo?" Sabrina said as she approached Cleo. "Of course. You can go sit down in the backyard if you want. I'l be out shortly." Cleo said as she pointed to the lawn chairs. Her mom nodded and made her way over to the chairs.  Cleo turned to Carlos and whispered for him to come and join her. Once he was beside her Cleo grabbed his hand and laced their fingers together.

"Listen baby, I'm sorry for everything that's happened between us lately. But things are different this time. I know I haven't treated you right and I wish I could change that." Sabrina said quietly as she gazed into Cleo's eyes.  Cleo remained silent as she listened to what Sabrina was saying. "I know I promised I wouldn't leave but I needed to make sure you knew the truth. You've always been such an incredible daughter to me and I hope that someday you'll forgive me." Sabrina apologised. Cleo stared at her mother. But soon Cleo became angry and said, "YOU THINK I WILL EVER FORGIVE YOU! HELL NO! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO COME HERE AND ASK FOR MY FORGIVENESS AFTER EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE!  GET OUT OF MY SIGHT BEFORE I KILL YOU!" Cleo's mother just looked at her with teary eyes and started to leave. But Cleo just took out her gun and shot her dead. Carlos heard it because he was a little far away from the boys vs girls game that was going on.   He dropped his stick and ran towards Cleo, grabbing her shoulders. Cleo looked at him and raised her brows. "Are you ok?" Carlos asked worriedly as he continued to stare into Cleo's eyes. "Yeah, why do you ask?" Cleo responded. Carlos didn't seem convinced so Cleo added. "I'm not gonna kill you or anything Carlos. I promise. Just a little crazy lady with bad intentions came here and tried begging for my forgiveness, so..." Cleo explained as she lifted the barrel of her gun towards Carlos' chest. "So you shot her?" Carlos asked confused. Cleo nodded her head while smiling proudly. Carlos then pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead softly. "I love you, you know. So much." Carlos whispered into Cleo's ear. "I love you too." Cleo replied happily. "Let's go say goodbye to everyone else before they start thinking something weird is up." Cleo suggested and Carlos agreed They both went to the gang and told them. " Hey guys, Cleo isn't feeling well so we are going to the Dr. office. We can finish the game when we get back." The guards and gang members nodded in understanding. Alright, see you when we get back." Cleo said as she waved to the guards.

When Carlos and Cleo returned a short while after they left, they were shocked to find their friends sitting in the living room playing video games. Cleo and Carlos shared glances and shrugged it off knowing there was nothing more they could do about it right now. They sat down next to Cleo's friends. They joined in on the activities. 

TO BE CONTINUED IN BOOK THREE