Chapter 9

A short while later Ben knocked on the door of Cleo's room. Carlos was fast asleep beside her, clutching the blanket tightly to his body. Cleo looked up, signaling him to come in. "Are you okay sis?" Ben asked carefully. Cleo nodded her head in response. "Yea but Carlos isn't. He'll probably be sleeping for a couple more hours hours. What about you and Diego?" She inquired. Ben sat down in the chair across from her bed and sighed heavily. "It was pretty bad. I thought the worst when I found him unconscious on the floor in the middle of the road. He wouldn't wake up. I got him to the hospital but...it wasn' s a pretty sight. He was covered in bruises and scratches, his leg was twisted almost completely in different directions. His ribs were cracked, but luckily none of them were broken. He lost a lot of blood...and he's been unconscious since then. But I hope he'll live. I love him and I can't live without him. I need him." He trailed off with a small sniffle. Cleo looked down sadly and rubbed his shoulder in a comforting gesture. "I'm sure he'll be okay, and he loves you too Ben, so it'll probably only be a few days before he wakes up." Cleo reassured him trying to be optimistic. "You should go back downstairs. Get some rest." Ben stated standing up from his seat and heading towards the door. Cleo smiled weakly at him, waving goodbye. "Good night Ben." She said quietly. He smiled back at her before walking down the stairs.