Chapter 18

ONE MONTH LATER

It had been a few days since Cleo got home from her doctor appointment. Her period was late and it had finally arrived a week ago, so everything was looking pretty good. After her appointment, Cleo had decided to take a shower instead of going straight to bed since she didn't want to bother Carlos. So she headed into the bathroom, turning on the shower and stepping under the warm spray of water. A few seconds after she stepped under the hot stream of water Cleo felt the urge to throw up hit her all at once. Cleo let out a gasp of surprise as she fell to her knees, pressing one hand against her stomache. "CARLOS MAROTTI!!!!!" she screamed loudly with a pained expression.
After ten minutes or so Carlos rushed into the bedroom to find Cleo standing by the bathroom sink, crying and vomiting profusely, her left hand clutching at her stomach as her right hand gripped the rim of the wash basin. "Jesus christ, Cleo!" Carlos exclaimed worriedly. "Oh god..my stomach hurts so bad.." Cleo whimpered, tears streaming down her face. "Babygirl, let's get you out of here, alright?" Carlos said while reaching over to turn off the shower and grab Cleo's wrist gently. With the help of her husband, Cleo managed to stand straight again and follow him into the bedroom. Once they reached their shared bedroom, Cleo laid back down on her bed and began to cry uncontrollably as Carlos walked back over to her and sat down beside her. "Clem, hey, it's okay. Come on, please calm down baby. Let's go to the dr. tomorrow." Carlos whispered soothingly. "But I don't want to go to the Dr...what if the pregnancy test results come back negative?" Cleo whimpered weakly as more tears trickled down her pale face. "Don't worry, love. Everything is fine. I promise it'll all be alright." Carlos assured gently. He cupped Cleo's face in his hands before planting a quick kiss on her forehead. Cleo sniffed and closed her eyes tiredly. "Okay..." She murmured. She lay her head on Carlos' chest as he hugged her protectively to him. "Now get some sleep Cleo, I know you must be exhausted." Carlos cooed, rubbing his hands soothingly along her back whilst kissing her hair.  "You too, hmm.." Cleo responded tiredly, closing her eyes, and letting herself relax against Carlos.