Chapter 5: To Hear His Voice!

The usual before-you-read reminder, if you like our story, please DO vote, loves!!

Enjoy♡♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"And so the little princess Charlotte lived happily ever after with her handsome prince." His voice was full of gentleness and love, as he finished his sentence and closed the tiny story he was reading -with a little change of characters- to me.

The young me sat on daddy's lap, and his hands were wrapped around my tiny figure.

"Yay! I will live with my prince forever, Daddy!" The young me chirped at my dad.

My dad chuckled, "Sure you will, my lovely princess Cherry. Hmm, but what about me, can't I be your prince charming?" he pretended to be hurt.

"Ohh" the young me was silent for a bit, then:

"Ahh, I know!!" I said cheerfully, "I'll make you my king, Daddy! So that even when I find my prince, you'll always remain my king!!"

Always remain my king.

Remain my king.

My king...

.

.                                                                                     

.

I flipped my eyes open as hard as I could. My chest was heaving up and down because of my unsteady breathing. My forehead had sweat droplets, and my eyes were teary.

Slight shiver crossed my hands every moment.

A nightmare... Huh.

Clenching over my chest, I sobbed, softly. 

It hurts. 

The heartbreak I'm feeling hurts. A lot.

Why did you betray us, dad?

Just why?

******

Katherine and I were having breakfast normally, without either of us saying anything.

I did not feel like uttering a single word, and Katy seemed to read the situation so far, until finally:

"Ugh geez, won't you tell me what exactly happened?" Katy's tone was irritated but also concerned.

"It's nothing. I just had a bad dream and it bothered me." I said in a low voice, one that I could best squeeze out of my throat at the moment.

Katy remained silent for a moment, then, she held my hand and I looked at her. "Hey, I've got an idea. How about we go on some crazy girly shopping? I'm sure that'll cheer you up!"

I hesitated a bit, then thought that I truly needed to go out and refresh.

.

.

.

We reached our destination; the mall which I really wished to be able to do shopping at everyday but couldn't due to the fact that I was almost broke most of the time.

I entered the main door with Katy at my side, and we started wandering in the mall -which was crowded like a One Direction concert- especially considering it was a day off for most working people.

The first store we visited was stocked with fashionable clothes.

Now here's a hint, with a supper trendy person like Katy, you would have to worry about the price tag when you finish off your shopping with her.