Chapter 41: French Threats

Vote&comment♡ Enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"Get out of my way!!! I don't care if you're the vice-ass or whatever! I'm killing him!"

Jaden's screaming was still echoing through the whole room, as he fought against the vice-president and the bodyguards trying to block his way to the now unconscious Monsieur Bard.

Two of the bodyguards tried holding him from the back; it didn't do much good, for they'd apparently underestimated Jaden's murderous state.

I was still on my knees, since I was not sure I was able to move, and anyway I was quite worried about what's going to happen with my friend, for I was quite certain now he's gotten himself into deep trouble.

Sarah beside me breathed heavily, as we watched the scene, it was really overwhelming.

The battle was somehow starting to turn on between Mr. Leonard and Jaden.

Apparently my childhood friend no longer could distinguish between enemy and alliance; he thought that whoever tried to stand in his way is an enemy.

The blond head was a tough card before him, he was blocking him almost completely, and Jaden was struggling like a wild animal fighting a cage.

As I eyed the scandal, my eyes watered, and heart clenched.

I actually felt guilty.

The more screaming I heard, the more it got on my nerves.

I was really exasperated.

I shifted, starting my attempt to stand up, and my eyes were directly met by another pair of eyes looking at me, a hint of curiosity dancing in them.

I stopped in my tracks, as I gazed into the deep sea-like color, and the coldness burning in them. The intensity of his look did nothing to motivate my muscles into standing up, rather it only weakened them.

Mr. Ellington then turned around, towards the table present in the middle of the room, with drinking bottles and glasses on it.

He grabbed a glass from its handle as he raised it off the table, and held it between his fingers, while he elevated it up further with agonizing slowness.

Jaden then pushed Mr. Leonard off, as the latter stumbled back a few steps, but kept his balance easily.

My childhood fellow turned fiercely to eye the president.

"Tell your men to get out of my way, or else I swear I'll─"

Crash!

The sound of the crashed glass after it hit the wall behind Jaden echoed through the room, as it went deadly silent.

Jaden stopped mid-sentence, for the glass had whipped centimeters beside his face before it crashed on the wall.

Mr. Ellington stood in his place, as straight as an iron rod, his left hand slightly stretched outward still in the glass-throwing position.

I could see his well-toned muscles because of his hand's position, and Goodness, they were mouth-watering.

He had thrown the glass as if it was a dart, aimed to hit the dart board.

Jaden's mouth was still slightly open, his eyes wider than silver dollars, utterly shocked as he looked at the president with disbelief.

The latter had a dark look on his face.

"That is enough, Stevens."

His sentence was not said so loud, neither with threat or anything.

It was pure authority, and supremeness.