Chapter 69: Just for the Project?

Countdown... Vote+Comment, loves♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The rest of the day actually passed without anything interesting particularly.

The president took me to the Ellington Company after our visit to the Riverwood High School and Secondary.

I toured around the company in hopes I'd remember something, and just like I'd expected, they were just confused and complicated flashbacks.

Nothing was truly clear.

I couldn't recall.

And now, here I was, leaving the company with none other than the cheerful Sarah Dowell ─for the president said he had some work at the company, and that I might as well leave with Miss Dowell.

I actually chose to leave with her too, because I felt like she could give me some positive energy and lighten up my gloomy mood some bit.

As I got into her car, and she drove off, silence welcomed us for the first few minutes.

"So, do you feel like some memories are coming back?" she finally broke the silence.

I sighed at that, for I somehow had expected this question.

"They're just separate fragments of several, confused situations," I reasoned, "I somehow don't seem to be able to arrange them."

She nodded understandingly, "I see." she murmured, "Well, how was your tour with Rickard today?" she smiled.

W-Wow. Rickard?

"You seem like you're close to him." I couldn't help but let out.

She chuckled loudly, "God you commented on this the first day we met back when you had memories!" she smiled, "And even without memories now!"

I flushed, "I-I'm sorry if it's personal!"

"Oh Don't sweat it," she gestured off, "We've been acquaintances since university ─Rickard refuses the word 'friends'!" she giggled.

I laughed at that too.

"And," I started, cautiously, "Wh-What was he like, back then?"

She went silent for a minute, as she shifted the steering wheel smoothly between her hands.

"Well, he's always been deep." she admitted, "That's one thing which's never changed in him. Also, his cold manner is something I might say that's also been present for long, although he has the specialty of giving those he cares about enough warmth through his cold attitude." The continued, dazedly.

Oh, I didn't get that last part.

"Huh?" I just indicated my confusion.

"I mean, his cold attitude is something which comes before he gets to know the person, after that, it just naturally changes into a trait which puts him into a unique level of his own, and makes him like no other person."

I simply stared at her for that, wordless.

A nostalgic smile then broke to her lips.

"It's funny, and yet," she said through a meaningful smile, "While everything and everyone keeps changing, Rickard never does. It's just your view of him which slowly takes its time to crystallize, until you finally realize he isn't the person you thought he is at first. You simply realize that's him, and that's what makes him different. You understand he refuses to be a copy, and has his way of making people admire him."

I didn't notice the abnormal beats my heart was giving until she finished her words.

Flashbacks of my day with Rickard Ellington Conway came to my mind, and my cheeks suddenly felt warm.