Chapter 66: Beyond Limits

Happy reading, vote&comment, dears!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

A series of blank stares were all shot in my direction, after the few words which had escaped my lips some moments ago.

"Pardon?" The sea-blue eyed fellow was the first to snap out of the state of shock everybody was in, as his voice resembled a polar storm.

He neared my bed another step, and a chill crept over my body as his look hardened.

"Are you, by any means, messing with us ─with me?" his voice came out cold, and hard.

I shivered upon his cold threat, and I gulped.

Our eyes suddenly fought against and towards each other. They seemed as if they were going to pull either of us to the other, as they clashed eagerly.

I shook my head slowly, my shivering, chaotic eyes never leaving his.

I was lost.

My eyes were lost in his too.

The young woman with the brown eyes and long brown hair was second to come out of shock.

"Ch-Cherry?" she let go of me after she'd hugged me, and looked at me with wide, disbelieving eyes.

I only blinked at her.

"I..." I started, at a loss of words.

"I'm sorry..." I swallowed, weakly, "I don't know you..." I whispered.

The brown-haired woman gasped, and her eyes watered.

The blonde head at the entry of the room turned at that, and moved out of the door.

"I-I'll call a doctor!" he informed, somehow his voice seemed uncomfortable.

The woman with the brown eyes and hair stood up, and the elder woman with wrinkles spoke this time.

"Charlotte, sweet heart please─" the ear-pierce cut her off, as he approached me in quick steps, and then cupped my face in his large hands.

"Charlotte!" he growled.

I simply breathed loudly, my eyes wide at him.

"It-It can't be you forgot! What the heck?!" he whined like a lost child.

My eyes watered, and I was speechless what to reply.

"Look into my eyes!" He fixed his angry gaze into my shivering one.

"The bastard who did this to you," his voice was loud, and I shuddered, "You have to remember him so I'll kill hi─"

I sobbed loudly, and shook his hands off.

I'm scared.

I don't know any of those people.

Why is he screaming at me?! I didn't do a thing!

I hugged myself vulnerably, and shivered.

It was then that the man with the black suit, and cold look shifted again, as he shot the ear-pierce a sharp look.

"Enough, Stevens." he ordered, dangerously, "You're scaring her."

I blinked at him, tearfully.

Wow.

Unlike them all, he somehow seems like he can... read me?

He didn't turn to eye me, but continued his staring contest with the brown guy with the piercing.