Chapter 24: The Cigarette Ignites

Vote&comment if you love this story! Enjoy ~
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

It has been about a week since I came back to work after the scandal with Jaden.

A week since I started sharing my office with a new secretary, who is supposed to be my rival for two weeks, where we compete until one of us knocks the other down, and keeps her position.

Emeralds Velton −the new secretary, and my office mate− was sitting on her desk, one leg folded over the other, her dark purple skirt as short as ever, and her shirt had a few missing buttons from the top to make the view better.

Her chewing sound has not stopped one bit since seven days, I am even starting to hear it in my dreams.

The orders from our dear master were not as intensive as before, though.

'The competition has yet to start accelerating,' ─he'd said. And we were still receiving individual tasks to get used to the idea of working in one office for the upcoming week left.

After her legendary promise that she will wreck me, I did not get to have a normal chat with Emeralds Velton ─like humans do.

Not even good mornings or goodbyes. Nothing.

We would glare at each other at times, but not more. She hated me so much that she did not wish to talk to me, and similarly, I was not exactly dying to hear out her rude and hateful words.

Even after a week, I could not get why she hated me. It's true we're rivals and everything, but truthfully, that's never a true reason to hate a person! At least I believe so.

I personally noticed that; every time I came back from Mr. Ellington's office −after handing him some documents or doing some task he asked for− her glare would be ten times more hateful, and her mood will be darker than before.

Why though? Don't ask me!

Ask me, and I tell you she has something for him. My inner voice often pointed out these days, but I simply ignored it.

I was lost in my own thoughts when I felt her shift slightly in her place, as she pulled a pack of cigarettes out of her bag ─which she had placed on her desk earlier, and take a cigarette out of it.

She slowly placed it between her pink, full lips, and lit it with a lighter she also pulled from her bag.

My face cranked, and I frowned at her.

Can she not? When she lit her cigarette days ago, I almost suffocated, I'm allergic!

 She shouldn't smoke in a closed place like the office!

"Please smoke out." I couldn't help but point out, dryly.

She turned towards me, as she held the fag between her middle finger and index one, slowly drawing it a bit away from her lips.

"Want one?" she threw the pack of cigarettes at my desk, raising an eyebrow at me.

I stood up, held the pack and walked two steps towards her desk. I roughly placed the pack back on her desk and it made a gush sound when it touched the wood.

"Thank you. I literally just asked you to smoke out, as the office is a closed place." I voiced out, my voice starting to get strangled.

From before me, Everalds Velton smirked, "I like it here. One who is not comfortable can simply leave the office."

A nerve in my forehead popped, as I attempted controlling  my anger, "Why do you behave like this?" I snapped, "Why do you hate me so much?" My voice shivered from the pressure of the tension between us. We really do not get along.