Chapter 22: A Rival Appears

Vote&Comment if you love our story, loves!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

After the tiring day at the funfair finally passed, we parted from mom and Theodore, and drove home.

On the way there, I was still recalling how grown up Theo seemed at the funfair.

He experienced his first love, a painful first love.

And, even though she turned out to be in love with the other boy, he still worked to appear strong before her, and held his tears back until the last moment.

He has matured... It's lovely, how innocent and honest the young love is.

God, he gave her his cotton candy, dammit! And he even held her in the ghost game, despite the fact that he himself was scared. He was shivering, and he did not let go. He worked to make her feel safe.

I think it would be... a little pleasant to feel safe in the grip of someone.

Hah, what a silly thought, put a sock on it, geh!

We reached home and I quickly headed to bed, I was truthfully tired, and needed to relax thoroughly so I am able to go back at full force tomorrow.

After all, my employer barely accepted me again, and I most certainly plan on surpassing his expectations!

Somehow, a few words of his came back to my mind, before I drifted to sleep.

'...You have your position back... At least, until I find a suitable secretary to knock you off, or until Mr. Stevens leaves, where the condition will be back into action.'

Hah. He could be funny sometimes... He seemed really serious about getting rid of me. What a weird fellow.

I couldn't really think about his words any longer, for my brain was screaming for some rest knowing tomorrow is a normal tiring work day.

He can't really knock me off, was what I thought with a smile, before my eyes closed in deep sleep ─and I couldn't have been more wrong than this...

*******

I arrived at The main branch of the Ellington Company, the company which I had been fired from two days ago, and now I'm back.

It somehow feels really... nice to be here again. You know; the very warm greeting of Mrs. Lane, Mr. Leonard's teasing, and my master's tenderness.

They're really enjoyable and so exquisite!

I ascended to the fiftieth floor, got out of the arrival elevator, and headed to my office.

If you're wondering whether I did not feel dizzy after the ride like before, I have to answer with a no, I still did. The difference is that I simply somehow got used to the 'morning sickness' which occurs to me at the particular minutes where I ascend to the golden floor.

The Golden Floor. His floor... And I'm his secretary.

Well, I'll tell you a secret; it somehow did not feel so bad being his secretary.

Oh, he is a tyrant and a cold, heartless fellow alright, but no matter how you look at it, he is so... so powerful!

And being his secretary did, even though I do not exactly look like it, make me feel like I had actually achieved something in my carreer, which I'd never envisioned I'd do very soon. 

Well, I guess I should just focus on reaching my damn office with my dizziness.

I finally grabbed the knob of my office door, and turned it, pushing the door slowly open.