Chapter 10: I Go On A Date!

Vote please! It takes a second :)

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A chill crept through the air and woke me up when it hit the window slightly. I opened my eyes to gaze at the wide avenue that was lit by the beautiful rays of the mesmerizing sun, inviting me to stare into the horizon. The sun was shining through a thick layer of clouds that blanketed the sky. I saw leaves lackadaisically swaying with the wind then touching the ground's cheeks softly.

It has been two weeks since I started working at the Ellington Company...Time sure flies... Today is a Friday, and my holiday according to the vacation system of The Ellington Company ─or at least temporarily, since I am new, my shifts have not yet been certain.

Ah, how nice! A holiday! Yes! No 'Be at my office Miss Secretary, at the moment.' , no 'Stop wasting time, you!' , and no Ellingtonic domineering voice to haunt me all day. And most fortunately, no certain beautiful and chiseled face, along with glittering ocean beads to occupy my thoughts at several occasions during the day!

In a nutshell, you could say a day free of every Ellingtonic−related thing!

I was driven back from my thoughts by the sound of Katy entering the room loudly as she slammed the door with her foot behind her. I gasped.

"Katy, you scared me..." I breathed.

"Oh, sorry honey, good morning." She said, as she handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

"Good morning! Never mind, and thanks for the hot chocolate." I said clutching the mug in my hands and feeling the warmth of it. Then I had to blow over it so it could cool down a bit for me to take a sip. I was the kind of person who disliked hot things ─guys excluded.

"Now, finish your hot chocolate, and go get a shower. I made supper chocolaty chocolate pancakes." Katy winked.

"Oh! Sure." I chirped.

"Okay! I'll wait you in the kitchen." She said as she turned to head out of the room.

"Oh! And don't you dare eat any piece of chocolate pancakes before I come! Understood?" I threatened.

"Yes, yes." She rolled her eyes

"Hah. Good girl!" I smirked and raised my chin.

We broke into laughter before I went to the bathroom, took a quick shower, wore a comfortable pair of shorts and a black shirt, fixed my hair in a messy bun and headed back to the kitchen.

I sat facing Katy and, as usual, filled both my mouth and my plate with chocolate pancakes. I really wonder how some people claim to be chocolate-allergic! Poor them, missing the good part of life!

"Lotte. How about we go to the movies today?" Katy's voice came, as she stuffed a piece of her pancake in her mouth.

"Oh, yeah sure that's a good idea! But−" I started, but Katy cut me off as she swallowed.

"I know Charlotte! I know, no romantic movies or else the sensitive you will cry... And no horror movies or else you will have nightmares! No overly action movies or else the coward you will puke upon seeing blood! So, what do you want to watch??" she scoffed as she folded her hands in front of her chest.

I smiled "Ummm... yes, I know!! How about a dance movie?? You usually tend to have a brighter mood after we watch one."

She finally smiled again "Okay ─No, Wait a damn second!"