Chapter 30: Farewell, my Rival

Don't forget to vote&comment! It takes a second♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

The low, worried sound of my rival secretary's and my breathing was the only sound to be heard through the silent, wordless office.

I was still on the ground, the situation really didn't handle the sound of my shifting to stand up, and it was occupied by the deadly silence after his spectacular announcement.

In some minutes.

He'll state his decision in some minutes...

Holy freak!

Okay, so I suppose that after his announcement I should be trembling with fear and agony, praying to the Gods I win and I stay here to help mama and Theodore, and having cold sweat drench my body with worry. I suppose I should be having a deep feud within me what I must do, and what I should say.

Only, I wasn't.

Insanely enough, I was gazing... more like staring.

Staring at the broad shoulders, and the hard back which were covered with the goddamned lucky Armani suit.

His height appealed even more from behind, the suit wrapped around his body possessively enough to show each and every line in him. And his neck from behind was... was so something! Something I would not want to describe.

I suddenly felt a bit warm inside while looking at him from the back like this.

A minute or two passed, with none of us moving a muscle. It was his silence that controlled everything, and not a single one of us was able to resist his control.

He then started moving with agonizing slowness towards Emeralds Velton.

Stopping inches before her, he towered her effortlessly just like she normally towers me. She tried looking into his eyes, and clearly realized it was the mistake of her life. She was stuck!

I slowly watched how her eyes shivered, and her lips parted, as her fists clenched and unclenched indicating the inner battle she was facing. He was dominating her, daring her to go up against him and leave.

"Well, Miss Velton? I bet you're very excited to hear out the results, are you not?" His low, dangerous voice questioned, daringly.

She gulped, her green orbs darkening as they shook. "Certainly, sir."

I blinked, wide eyed. Excuse him?! How does he manage to move people like chess? Ughh!!

I finally collected my stamina to stand up again, after my legs had gone numb when I fell earlier because of the shock. Steadying the desk chair, I pulled it behind my desk, as I noticed him starting to move again.

Rickard Ellington Conway headed behind her and around the desk, towards the air conditioner above the curtains. He slightly lifted up his hand to touch a small hole in the wall.

Wait, what's this? I never noticed it before.

"Have you any idea what this is, Miss Emeralds Velton?" His freezing, authoritative voice held some kind of well-concealed satisfaction within it.

Velton neared behind him, and I came a little closer to examine the hole. It almost looked like it's made up of... glass??

I gasped. Wait, it couldn't be!

In similar, even more exaggerated stun, Emeralds Velton shook at this, her voice barely audible. "N-No... way." 

He exhaled, as he lowered his hand from the hole of the wall, and slowly turned towards us.