Chapter 47: A New Kind of Beat

Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"I lied."

The words which escaped my lips came out as a shivering whisper, uncertainty, and delicacy obvious in them.

The handsome man angled his head towards my direction.

I came closer to him, and stood beside him; side by side, we faced the exit waiting for Mr. Leonard now.

His eyes trained upon me, their blue color deepened, and a hurricane was there.

I knew that was considered enough caring on his part, he'd never go as far as display an interest in the words of anyone by commenting. So, angling his head as a sign for me to continue was enough for me to resume.

"I lied when I said that it-it was a displeasure... working for you, I mean." I muttered lowly, it seemed almost like a whisper.

He fully turned to me now, his beautiful features glowing more glorious than ever.

His stubble was very slightly growing, and it actually really added even more manliness to his chiseled jaw. His face remained composed, and as cool as a cucumber. The lack of emotion in each and every feature of him was more displayed than ever.

I turned to look back at him, and we were standing face to chest now.

We were actually against the flow of people exiting, and walking outside.

My expression softened even more, and I sighed slowly.

"The truth is that I don't think I'll ever," my voice lowered even more, "find a job that's better than this one. I love my job, despite it being tiring, despite all, I don't hate it. And..." I paused, and took a deep breath then voiced confidently.

"I'm proudly the private secretary of Rickard Ellington Conway, the president of the Ellington Enterprises."

The storm in his eyes seemed more flashing than ever.

"You have no idea how proud I feel when I say this statement." I smiled at him with tearful eyes.

Hundreds of people were exiting the company, and it was extremely crowded.

Weirdly enough though, I felt as though we were the only two people standing in a world of silence.

And he was that world, that silence. He was eying me coldly, intensively, slowly registering my words and torturing my soul.

And then his eyes widened for a moment as he looked behind me, and he did something I very honestly did not expect to ever happen.

He was very quick to act that my whole body went numb.

His hard hands found the petite of my shoulders, and held them firmly. My shoulders suddenly burned under his touch.

And then he pulled me towards him.

I slammed at his hard, iron-like chest.

The sky looks like something close to blue.

The birds have beautiful voices.

The birds can actually fly.

The alphabet starts with A.

The─ Okay seriously Charlotte! Get yourself together!!

God... Wh-What's this feeling?

"They almost bumped into you..." He breathed, lowly, almost inaudibly but very icily gentle.