EXTRA CHAPTER: A Company of Pinocchio's

25 December♡
Please note this chapter does NOT belong to the actual plot line! It's just an outside chap for a fun, and warm christmas read ;) ;)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

IT was one of those work days, starting freshly and coordinately at the Ellington Company.

Employees are energetic, and work was going on as planned and ordered as possible ─and just like demanded.

RICKard Ellington Conway sat in his office, slowly sipping onto his very bitter and boiling coffee.

He lov ─preferred it, considering the other word was an exaggeration─ this way. The sugary sweet stuff, like he chooses to address it, does nothing but dilutes the actual, bitter taste of coffee, and that is not pleasant in his opinion.

It was just another work day which was planned to pass as normal, and ordinary as any other of the three hundred and sixty five days of the year.

And yet, something somehow seemed disagreeable about this day.

He glanced at the calendar hanged on the left wall beside the shelves, and then he glared frostily, coldly at it.

It was the first day of April.

A day which people chose to call 'April Fools' Day'. His stare intensified, a legal day for deception and fraud was not particularly interesting to him, let alone preferable. No, he had always thought it to be one of the most ludicrous, and unnecessary human creations.

A day for people to purposely lie and act all dishonest? He could not particularly tell what part of that appealed to people, and he might never be able to tell.

He shifted his gaze from the calendar, and went back to his ordered work.

His silent focus on work was suddenly interrupted by his desk phone's ringing.

He shot the phone a frosty gaze, and raised the handle to his left ear with his left hand, slowly, calmly.

"Leonard." He greeted calmly.

There was a moment of silence from the other side, and then:

"R-Rickard..." Leonard Beards' voice came from the other side tired, panting, and as if it's been forced out of a dry throat.

Ellington slightly furrowed his brows, but commented nothing.

"R-Rickard..." Leonard groaned again, "I-I think I'm not so alright..." he panted, "I feel like I'm dying here, ugh, Goodness!"

The Ellington president's eyes darkened.

"Damn, ugh!! It feels like my chest is gonna burst!!" Beards' pained groans could be heard from the other side of the line.

Rickard Ellington parted his slightly full lips to speak, but then his sharp gaze snapped towards the calendar for a second, and his lips pursed into a straight line.

"Leonard." His voice came as a hiss lower than the snake's.

Leonard Beards kept on his fake panting on, "Y-Yes, Rick?!" he breathed.

"Die after you finish your work for today, so you can get your wages for a complete work day."

And he hung up the phone.

Rickard Ellington Conway let out a gentle, low and bored breath out, and at that his phone buzzed with a message notification.

'You asshole. I hope you choke on your dollars, and suffocate from humor. Lol. Why did you hang up?' ─Leonard's message said.