Chapter 43: Old Scars...

Vote+comment to support! Love♡
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

"YOU SCUM OF EARTH! What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Jaden's voice echoed through the whole parking, as he crossed the road towards me, and then turned in an attempt to follow the Audi A8 car which almost-almost and almost ended my life a second ago.

"Stop right there!!" He screamed uselessly, and then stopped chasing it, clearly aware he won't catch up to it with feet alone.

"Charlotte!! Oh my Goodness! Ar-Are y-you okay?!" Sarah shivered as she ran to me, then squatted beside me, her whole body shivering, and her breath trembling.

She hugged me tightly.

"G-God. I thought you were done for..." she whispered, and I felt her tears slowly crawl on her cheeks; she let out a soft sniff, "I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left you alone!"

I, on the other hand, reacted nothing.

I was speechless. Mesmerized. Frozen.

My heart was still beating, and life still pulsed through my body.

Again. I'm alive. Unharmed, even.

"And you!" Sarah let go of me, and turned to the man beside me on the ground.

She hugged him. Tight.

"Damn you for doing something so dangerous yet so relieving..." she whispered.

His hand was still around my shoulder, and it was tightly gripping. He had a hint of tremble running through it.

I turned to him, and he looked at me.

He had saved me.

In a race against time, Leonard Beards had managed to appear behind me in the last fragments of moments, and fast enough, he pulled/pushed me along with him to the other side of the mini-road. It was something close to a miracle, and it was specifically thanks to the vice-president's stealth, and the remarkable difference between our weights, which helped him push me rough enough to increase the speed of our smash towards the safe side.

We both fell to the ground, and thanks to that I feel like my bones have been shattered, and I felt some scratches on my body here and there, but nevertheless we stayed alive.

I forced my lips open slowly; they seemed dry, and unwilling. I opened them though, forcefully.

"M-Mr...." I wet my lips again, "Leonard..." I shivered in a whisper.

He was breathing unevenly, and his look was serious, but nevertheless it was as beautiful, and friendly as ever.

He slowly raised his hand from my shoulder, to gently pat my hair.

"Curse the heavens. What have you gotten yourself into, little Kitten..." It was not a question, it was more like scolding, but it was mixed with relief. His voice was still gentle, and low.

His soothing tone slowly brought my frozen body back into life, and I shifted carefully in my place.

I looked around me.

"I-It was a coincidence..." my voice trembled, as I tried cheering up the electric aura.

They all looked at me in disbelief.

"It was not!" Sarah snapped, her eyes teary, but her cheeks dry now, "We all saw The Fiore Logo, at the back of the car!!! This car belongs to Paris' company! Snap out of it, Charlotte!" her voice was loud, and stressed.