Chapter 44: Tired

Vote+Comment on everything you like in this chap ─if you do, we mean! Weyou!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Like a dog which tail has been cut, I -proudly- stormed into the hospital.

My hair was uncombed, I was merely dressed well, and I almost stammered over my own feet.

Tears were threatening to cascade down my face, and my heart felt like a hand gripper that's being trained on momentarily.

"Theodore! Theodore Thorne!! Wh-Which room? Which way?! Tell me!!" I half-yelled through almost tears, my breathing hard, and loud.

The receptionist looked at me.

"And you are?" she questioned dryly.

"H-His sister!!" I breathed loudly, "Please, tell me where is he! Is he okay?! Please!" My voice broke down.

Her expression mellowed a bit, and she eyed me with sympathy.

"Room three hundred and four."

Without even a 'thank you', I started marching away from her, and towards my target.

Screw courtesy at such a time!

After about six minutes of marching worriedly, I reached the room, and stormed inside.

"Theodore!" I cried softly.

My mother's tired face turned to face me, and she tried flashing me a smile, but failed.

When she saw me, her strong façade broke down, and tears streamed down her face weakly.

I quickly neared her, and hugged her as tightly as I could. She was shivering.

I slowly ran my fingers through her hair, unable to find the right words to say at such a moment.

I turned my look towards Theodore, and my Niagra falls were officially activated.

My little angel laid in the patient bed helplessly, his eyes closed, and his frail body unmoving.

I could hear his normal heartbeats, accompanied by his steady breathing, and that helped ease my pain a bit.

He was bandaged at several places, arms, head, and other places I'm sure I couldn't see because he was covered in a soft patient blanket.

His face was peaceful, and I couldn't imagine someone with a grudge against such innocence.

I wanted to laugh at that thought. Really. Out loud.
Because I knew too well.

I knew too well who did this.

It's not very surprising from someone like her.

"D-Did you see the men?" I whispered.

My mother shifted.

"I was at home getting my things, and he was waiting for me in the car so I can take him to school." She sniffed, "I barely caught sight of them leaving when I came out. I recall the one I saw had a long beard, and a short ponytail and a piercing in his nose. And he was very well built."

I clenched my fists, and gritted my teeth.

I recalled him.

He was with her back at the meeting in the hotel.

He was among Paris' bodyguard squad.

Heh. Sending her personal protection squad to attack my brother? Does it really interest her this much to crush me?