Chapter 18: I Let You Go

Yo, don't forget to vote for our story if you love it, lovelies! Enjoy!!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I slowly fluttered my heavy eyelashes open, and tried taking in my surroundings. Ugh, my body feels as if it's been tortured for ages.

A calm place. So silent. I couldn't hear a single sound. And the smell, it's the smell of nothingness...

I figured where I was as I took in the white sickness gown I was wearing above my actual clothes.

The hospital... I shifted uncomfortably upon the thought; my action caused the lightly sleeping Katy on the side of my bed to flutter her eyes open.

"Charlotte!" She exclaimed in disbelief, "Oh, Charlotte..." She said the last statement with tears in her eyes, as she hugged me.

Katy had tears in her eyes; something very abnormal. It is at very few times where Katy displays tears or weakness, so she must've been really worried.

"You dumbass. Just what were you thinking ─making me worry so much!" She huffed.

I slowly patted her back reassuringly, as I took my own state in. I had some plasters over my face, and my arms had bandages on several parts, but other than that, my body seemed in a good state, in general.

Then a thought struck me.

"Oh my God, Jaden!" I quickly let go, as I stood up from the bed, feeling a bit dizzy, but nevertheless heading towards the door and out of the room.

I got rid of my hospital gown, and left my current clothes on −  which I presumed Katy had changed me into, for I was not wearing them to the company, I'm sure− as I stumbled out of the room, and started looking left and right for a signal where he might be. Jaden.

"Idiot bunny, he's in the room beside yours, 274." Katy voiced as she shot behind me from the room I was in.

My eyes directly locked their target room, and I stormed into it, not caring to knock on the door, or if someone was there!

I was met by two surprised faces looking at me.

I blushed as I saw Mr. Leonard Beards sitting on a chair a bit far from Jaden who was lying on a patient bed; the latter slowly displayed a relieved expression while the former eyed my current clothing and general state.

I was the utter opposite of the normal look I have at the company.

My hair, which I tie as a low bun to the side of my head to give a business look at the company, was now let down to cascade freely in thick lightly curvy locks.

And, contrary to my usual business attire, I was actually wearing a girly pink pair of shorts, and a matching pink shirt which showed a thin line from my tummy. And without my high heels, which I also wear at the company to add formality, my relatively mini-height showed its true nature.

Additionally, I lacked my casual make up, which I often apply to give myself a bit of age and formality. This said, my baby face was accentuated fairly. 

I was sure now Katy must've changed my clothes, now that I think of it, logically enough, the clothes are actually my clothes, girly and simple, and were located in my closet, which in turn is located at mine and Katy's apartment.

"Miss Martins and Miss Charlotte! Good morning!" Mr. Leonard greeted in his normal, cheerful voice.

I barely nodded at him, as my attention shifted to Jaden, and my heart clenched as I took his state in.