Chapter 13: My First Kiss

The usual reminder : Please Vote if you like our story! It only takes seconds, enjoy!
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

I was standing behind my desk, the young man in front of it. 

And we were staring at each other, neither of us able to form a single word.

"Jaden!" I repeated the exclamation, squeezing my voice out again.

He looked at me, eyes examining me from head to toe. His mouth was slightly open, indicating his surprise, and eyes half-wide, with a hint of shiver in them. He seemed as if he knew me, but was not sure it's me, I could feel it from the way he looked at me.

I was starting to move towards him, when he backed a step away, his eyes then fixed me slowly, as his expression softened a little, and he seemed as if he finally had words to say.

He was about to open his mouth to speak, as loud, even taps of steps were heard approaching the door of the office.

I knew the steps too well, the confidence, and the unwavering certainty displayed in every step could not really be forgotten easily.

And suddenly, my thoughts wandered to who the steps must belong to.

No way, it couldn't be, of course it couldn't, could it? There's no way his highness would honor me and come here personally. No way.

Yes way, Charlotte, I feel the icicles radiating from his gaze before I even spot him. 

My head whipped towards the handle of the desk phone on my office desk, which was lying on the piles of papers there, and not in the right place where it should be put, on the housing part of the phone.

No way, there's no way I did that. I wouldn't dare.

Dammit, I did!

Oh my Goodness! I left my employer, The Rickard Ellington Conway, the almighty president of the company I was currently employed in, speaking on the other side of the line, as I utterly ignored him and gaped at the guy before me!

Sh-Shit! I am so done for!!!

And yes. I was right. It was none other than Mr. Ellington who opened the door, fiercely, and hardly, as if he was some sort of robot, who has an exact timing and coordination to every action he did.

Oh, though unlike a robot, his body movements were more... swift. It was so divinely built just to make every action he did seem so God-like.

His face, on the contrary, was divine alright, though the only difference was that it was not 'swift' enough to practice the action of smiling, or even to practice kind of action. It did not seem to show any kind of reaction, expression, or anything. Yes, his face was designed in the robot style, and I bet his heart was designed so, too? Just let it beat to pump blood through his holy figure, that's the only chore it's got.

And he was looking at me with his expressionless eyes, in his expressionless chiseled face. His look was like burning ice, he seemed pissed, but no, that was absolutely impossible for him.

This man did not feel anything. I know I have not known him for long, but I have seen enough of him to be sure that he is as heartless and emotionless as any human being can be.

My analysis for the psychology of Rickard Ellington Conway was soon cut off by the arctic voice of the person in study himself at this:

"Miss Secretary."

I shivered, as I looked into his deep beads, light flashing in them for a moment, then disappearing for the other.

Jaden's head jerked to the direction of Mr. Ellington, and he stiffened.