1). Anika

This is our Anika

This is our Anika.

ANIKA

It's been ten months since I've moved here. Ten months since I've been lying to my family. I don't like it, but it was the only option for me to be able to achieve my dreams.

You see my parents think that I'm in Cambridge, Massachusetts, studying in Harvard law school, to become a lawyer like my elder brother, Rohan.

But the reality is that I'm in Roseville, California, and I'm not studying law. I'm studying English Literature.

I love reading books, novels, autobiographies and the truth is that I don't get this lawyer thing, whatever this is.

To be honest, I don't think that these courts and hearings serves any justice. The person with more money and status always wins, leaving the poor and middle class people to fend for themselves. There is just too much corruption in our world.

And I know that my brother tries his best to fight for justice and to make the guilty pay for their misdeeds, but almost every time, he ends up losing.

Even though I don't believe in this corrupted justice system, I do believe in Karma.

Ever since I was a little girl, my mother taught me that the result of bad deeds is always bad and that one day our deeds, good or bad, will definitely catch up with us. And the same is written in Gita too.

So I know, that one day, they will get what they truly deserve.

On the other hand, I have always dreamed of opening my Dance Academy. I love dancing.

When I dance, I forget all my problems. At that moment, the world stops existing for me. I get completely immersed in my dance. It feels like there's just me and my dance.