42). Zane

ZANE

After having dinner with Anya we were going home when suddenly the rain started. 

Ika told me everything about how she helped a young girl in the park and that's when her now gurumaa, saw her dancing and quickly selected her. She also told her that she was leaving for India tomorrow and would be back after a week. Mrs. Saryal reluctantly agreed but after coming back she'll have to practice properly for the remaining month. So, naturally she'll have to live in San Francisco.

She talked to both Ayla and Anya about this. Anya actually offered her to come and live with her since she lives alone anyways and Ayla agreed. 

Of course my Ika, being the kindest soul ever, didn't want to become a ‘burden’, as she put it, on her and told her that she'll think about it. Then, we said our goodbyes to Anya.

I was talking about the perks of her living with me when she comes back, when it started raining. And suddenly all her focus shifted on the rain. 

She told John to stop the car and before I could ask her why, she exited the car.It's mostly an empty road. 

She went in front of the car and spread her arms, tilted her head at the sky, closed her eyes and started feeling the rain.

For a few minutes, I just looked at her. Looking like a fallen angel in that white dress, she was looking like a fucking goddess. I clicked some pictures of her on my phone and then an idea popped into my head. I connected my phone to the car's bluetooth and told John to hit play when I say so.

I got out of the car and in a few seconds I got soaked. I asked my hand through my hair and went towards Ika.

Stopping in front of her and looking into her beautiful honey brown eyes, I asked her.

“Can I have this dance, firefly?” 

She looked at my outstretched hand and playfully asked, “But there's no music.”

I signaled John and suddenly beautiful music filled our ears. She looked a little shocked and said, “Oh my god! ‘Tum se hi’, Z, did you really just play the perfect song for a dance in the rain?”

I grinned and clutching her waist pulled her towards me and said, “I did. Now…shall we?” 

Ever since I watched ‘Jab we met’ with her, I've wanted to recreate the dancing in the rain scene with her. And finally we are.

She nodded her several times with happiness glowing on her face. 

We started moving together and soon fell into a beautiful rhythm. It was perfect just like every moment with her is. 

We sang together, danced and laughed. At the end, I lifted her just like Aditya did with Geet. She laughed and spread her arms. 

As the last of the song disappeared, I slowly put her down. 

Our eyes locked, breaths deepened and just when our lips were about to seal, some light flickered. I turned and started looking at the source of the intrusion but found nothing.

I turned back towards Ika and noticed that she was covered in goosebumps. 

“Let's go inside the car, you're freezing.” I said.

She chuckled and said, “It was worth it.” 

I smiled too and went to the car together. I opened her door and she went inside.

“John, turn on the heat.” I said. 

Ika turned towards me and said, “Thank you, Z. You don't know, but unknowingly, you've just turned almost every Bollywood lover’s dream into reality, including mine.” 

“I don't care about anyone else. I just want to make every one of your dreams into reality. Noone else matters to me. Just you. Only…you."