4). Zane

ZANE

"We've reached Mr. Sterling." John, my driver, said while opening my door.

"Thank you, John, but like I said before, I can open my own door." I said with a charming smile.

"I know Mr. Sterling. I'm just doing my job."

I sighed and held him by his shoulders. "John, like I've said numerous times before, just call me Zane. Mr. Sterling is my father."

I hate it when someone calls me that. It makes me feel old and I'm only twenty-six.

"Of course Zane."

I know by tomorrow he'll start calling me Mr. Sterling again.

I enter my apartment building. This building has the best security arrangements in the city and people like me can stay here without being worried about the violation of privacy.

After entering my apartment, I immediately went into the living room and plonked down the couch.

I'm really tired. Probably should take a nap.

***

"Michael, can you hear me? Michael?"

Everything is blurry. I can't see if he is hurt.

Everything hurts. I groaned in pain. I know I should call someone but I can't move. I'm stuck. Moreover, the only thing I can think about right now is if Michael is okay.

"Buddy please answer me." I asked him again and again but no response came back. Then suddenly, everything turns black.

Drenched in sweat and with a racing heart, I woke up disoriented and realized that I was on the couch of my apartment.

I raked a hand through my hair. Again the same nightmare. It's been five years but these dreams still haunt me.

I sighed.

I went into the kitchen and poured some water for myself. After drinking it, I checked my mail and messages.

Nothing seems important. Next week, we are starting the shooting of Season 2 for 'The Throne of Nightmares'.

We never expected this kind of response for our series. It was supposed to end like the way it did. But after getting this much love and support, our producer decided to make another season.

It's been a while since I've checked my Instagram.

When I opened it, I found hundreds of reels and posts made by the fans of our series.

They have even made memes. I laughed at some of them.

People can be pretty creative.

I decided to check my messages. Almost every message is the same.

'OH MY GOD, YOU ARE AMAZING RYAN. I love you. Don't worry about Jennifer, she doesn't deserve you.'

'I love you Ryan, please marry me. Forget that bitch.'

'You were amazing dude. Can you give me Jennifer's number?'

Jennifer is the actress, playing the part of my love interest. Men will be men.

I read through all of them and even replied with a 'Thankyou' to some of them. But there was this one message which was too long. It's sent by some girl, Anika Verma. And although I ignore reading these long texts, I found myself reading it.

'Hi,

I just finished watching this series called 'The Throne of Nightmares', in which you played the role of 'Ryan' and I just needed to say that you were exhilarating. I'm sure many people would've told you the same, so it doesn't really make a difference, but I just wanted to say that your acting was looking so real that when you were crying, because you thought that your best friend is dead, we (me and Ayla) cried too.

You performed with naturalism and nuance.

You have really nice eyes. They are really enchanting and kept me captivated. If I have to describe your eyes in Bollywood style then these lines would be perfect for you-

"Aankhon mein teri ajab si ajab si adaayein hai"

Anyways I guess all I'm trying to say is that you were phenomenal and now I should really get back to my studies and finish my assignment which I just remembered.

So, keep shining like the star that you are.

Goodnight.'

Wow....This is the first time someone said, or wrote, these beautiful things to me. Although, i didn't understand the lines but I found it really cute.

Her message has filled my heart with happiness and warmth.

I have to reply to her. No, scratch that.

I need to reply to her back.

And I did exactly that.