14). Anika

ANIKA

"Where are we going?" I asked Zane again.

After getting the cute little threats from Ayla, we got back on his bike and now we are off to some place, which he is not telling me about.

To be honest, I thought that he would find Ayla's rambling and warning annoying, but just like every time, he proved me wrong again. Instead of getting annoyed, he found it interesting and said that I am lucky to have found friends who really care about me, especially in a foreign country. And I am.
Ayla and Sasha are both amazing and they never let me feel alone. When I feel homesick, Ayla hugs me tightly and then we both watch some Bollywood movies and she even dances with me on Bollywood songs. She knows about my future plans and encourages me to never give up. She truly is a blessing.

While Sasha does not yet know about my dreams, she still helps me overcome my homesickness. When I feel sad she makes her famous blueberry cupcakes for me. And I have to say… they are the best thing I've ever had.

When I first met Sasha, she looked a lot less happy than she seems now. She used to laugh less and even used to get irritated by small things but things have drastically changed since we threw her a surprise birthday party. It was there, when Ayla and Sasha met for the first time but only after spending ten minutes with each other they became best of friends. As I said earlier, that girl can make anyone fall in love with herself. And I'm really lucky to have both of them as my friends.

Suddenly the bike came to a halt and I snapped out of my thoughts.

We got off the bike and he parked it.
"Patience baby… Patience." Zane said and offered me his hand.

I took his hand and we made our way into what seems to be the back entrance of a building. Zane took his phone out and called someone.

I only caught his side and he was asking someone where to come. Then he hung up and told me that we have to go on the first floor.

We made our way to the first floor and there was a guy, who must be in his thirties, waiting outside a big door. With the black suit and tie along with the black goggles that he was wearing, he was looking like a bodyguard.

We went towards him and Zane introduced me to him.

"Hey John, meet Anika. Anika meet John, my driver plus bodyguard."

I extended my hand towards him and he smiled a little bit then took my extended hand and shook it.

"I can see why you were so excited and anxious to meet her, sir." John said to Zane.

Then he looked at me and said, "You are really beautiful Anika. And you know, you are the first woman who extended her hand to shake with mine."

I frowned a little bit and looked at Zane. I smiled at me and then John explained.
"Almost every person I meet sees me as someone lower than their class. They think shaking hands with me will lower their class as I am just a servant."

I was a little shocked and offended on his behalf, "Well, that's absurd. It's totally ridiculous. You are a human being too."

I can't really believe that people still believe in this stupid shit. We all are humans and if we want respect we should give respect too.

"She is really different, Sir. You guys can go ahead and enjoy the show." John said.

Show?

"Thanks again John." Zane said.

Then suddenly, he covered my eyes with his hands. I was about to ask him about what he was doing but then he whispered in my ears, "Trust me, sweetheart."

I nodded my head a little.

Then he said, "Okay, now start moving forward sweetheart."

We started moving forward and then I heard the sound of the door opening. We went inside and then he took his hands off my eyes and again whispered in my ears, "Now slowly open your eyes, firefly."

When I opened my eyes there was only one thing I could've said.

"Wow!"