25).Zane

ZANE

When I asked Ika about spending the remaining four days with me here, in my house, I didn't have a plan. I didn't know what we were going to do, where we'd hang out or what we'd eat. I knew nothing. All I knew was that I have only these four days to be with her and tell her what I feel for her. 

But now that she's here, in my fucking house, it feels complete. Whenever I am with her, I feel complete. And this is an out of the world feeling. I can't describe it. 

When she called me and said that she'd love to come here, I immediately asked John to go and pick her up and to drop her at my apartment.

When I finally finished the remainder of my shooting, I ran from there, like my pants were on fire. Travis even joked about it. But I didn't care.

All I knew and cared about was that the girl I've started to fall for or maybe totally fallen for, is at my apartment waiting for me. I bought a bouquet of roses for her, on my way back home. 

Right now, I'm standing near the entrance of my living room and looking at her, dancing so gracefully to some hindi song. She's so engrossed in her dance and the music, that she didn't even hear me coming in. 

After a few minutes the song came to an end. I started clapping at her excellent performance. I was so fucking transfixed by her movements in the starting that I thought, I was in heaven. She's looking like an angel. 

She got scared when she heard my clapping. 

“You know, I always wanted to see you dancing. And today, I got my wish.” I told her while closing the distance between us. 

She shyly tucked some hairs behind her ears. 

“Hi, I got bored while waiting for you, soo…” She said.

I chuckled and offered her the bouquet of roses. 

She took it and asked, “For me?”

“Actually no, these are for Ayla.” 

She pouted and I laughed. 

“Of course, they are for you, firefly.” And then I hugged her.

I can stay like this forever. But unfortunately I need to take a shower and order some food for us.

As if on cue, my stomach roared. Ika's shoulders started shaking, I pushed her a little and looked at her and found her laughing silently. And then the dam burst and we both started laughing. 

“My stomach needs some food. Pizza okay with you?” I asked her.

“Perfectly fine with me.” 

I ordered food for both of us and then told her to think of this as her own house. And then went to take a shower. 

After taking a quick shower, we both settled on the couch in the living room. While eating the pizza, I asked her, “Would you like to Romeo and Juliet?”

She looked at me and said, “There's no way in hell would I ever watch Romeo and Juliet again. I made this mistake, when I was nineteen. And it was all because of the novel, I read in my school library.”

“Wait…you didn't like it?” I asked her with big eyes.

“I did, at first. But then, I read more about it after watching the movie. And you know what I found?”

I shook my head in no.

“I found out that it was a five day long love story. FIVE DAYS. They were in love with each other for only five damn days. And it caused six deaths of their family members. Six people died because of their five days love. It's not love. You can't decide to spend your entire life with someone in five days, especially when your own family is against it.” She explained.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” I am shocked. Is this for real? 

“I am not. It's true. The day I got to know this, I promised myself I'll never ever make the mistake of romantising this tragic story.”

Makes sense. “Well then, which is your favourite love story? I mean Indians must have there own old love stories like Romeo- Juliet.”

She smiled. 

“We do. We have Heer-Ranjha, Sohni-Mahiwal, Laila-Majnu and many more aashiq. Every one of which died in the end.” 

Aashiq? Means?” I asked her.

“Aashiq means lovers. We have so many love stories but do you wanna know my favourite jodi…I mean couple?” She asked me.

“Do tell, please.” She looked so happy while telling me so how could I not take interest in this. But I was genuinely interested in knowing who her ideal couple are?

“Parvati-Shiva. Our god. They are my ideal couple.” She said proudly.

“Why?” I was genuinely interested in knowing the answer to this.

And what she told me really blew my mind.