13).Anika

ANIKA

I don't think I've ever loved Ayla's rambling more than I do at this moment. I think, for this I could've forgiven her for any freaking thing. After all, because of her I got the answer to the most important question.

'Why does he call me Firefly?'

And now… I know. And boy… is it the most beautiful thing I've ever heard.
When we got to the apartment and I heard her sounding so excited about us going out, which I totally forgot about, I felt awful. I mean, what kind of friend am I, forgetting about the promise I made to her? But as soon as I heard her talking about not having my first kiss yet, I regretted ever feeling like that.
I turned red from embarrassment and really wanted the earth to just open wide and swallow me. I was afraid of looking at Zane and finding something else, other than the soft smile and cheeky smirk when he looked at me. But when I looked at him, I found him flabbergasted. His expression was full of surprise and… something else which I couldn't quite pin out.

Then his eyes dropped towards my lips and out of nervousness I started chewing on them. And the way his eyes changed color and went dark, gave me flutters in my stomach.

But the moment passed when Ayla came and stopped her rambling when she saw Zane. And I won't ever forget the way her eyes went wide and started shouting. I somehow stopped her babbling and took her to another room to talk.

And…. the way she turned and looked at me with accusing eyes, like I cut off her favorite plant.

"How the hell does Zane fucking Sterling knows you? How long have you been keeping this secret from me? I can't believe you hide this important thing from me. Do you not believe me? Are we not friends? Do you not trust me?"

I knew something like this was going to happen. So, first things first, I apologized to her for not telling her about Zane. And then told her the whole story till now.

And as I expected, after hearing she was more excited than pissed. I also apologized to her about not being able to go out with her today because Zane asked me.

And her reaction was, "Are you fucking kidding me? If a guy like him asked me out I would've dumped you, too. It's not everyday that a famous person asks you out."

And then she ran towards the door and before opening it, looked at me and said, "We should not keep our guests waiting, Ika. It's bad manners." She winked and went outside.

I just chuckled and followed her.

And then…. she asked Zane the same question that Sasha asked. I wanted to stop her but then Zane started to answer her questions with so much honesty and cute answers that I would've let them continue for forever, if he hadn't looked at me when he told her the reason for calling me Firefly.

"Is that why you call me Firefly?" I asked him dumbfounded.

His face broke into that beautiful smile that I'm starting to love.

"Yes firefly." He said.

"Oh my gosh, this is so sweet." Suddenly Ayla said. "But I think you guys should go because the time isn't stopping. You guys can resume your staring game when you are alone. So, go."

"But I still haven't changed yet." I said.

"You are looking perfect. You don't need to change." Zane said.

"See, even he said it. Now, go before I decide to tag along." Ayla said. " And Zane…famous or not, if you anyhow mistreated my friend then I'll throat punch you. Got it?"

The way she gave him that warning warmed my heart. She is feisty but has a really good heart.

"I would never, in my wildest dreams, would think about hurting, Ika." Zane replied in a sincere voice.

Ayla folded her hands and said, "Good for you, buddy. Now go and have her home by 12."

"I didn't know that I had a curfew." I asked her in a teasing voice.

"You do now." She said.

Zane and I started laughing and I said, "Okay mumma."

We left the apartment with Ayla shouting, "Have Fun Guys."