12). Zane

Zane

"You are not scared, right?" I asked Ika, who was sitting behind me on the motorbike, holding onto me tightly.

When I chose to come here on a bike, I didn't think that she would be sitting behind me. At that time, all I was thinking was to get rid of those fucking Paps, who were following me.

I don't really hate the outcome though. I mean I got her sitting so close to me. I just wish she was not scared.

"Nope, not at all." She replied with a shout. "In Fact, I'm quite enjoying myself. Have I ever told you that I love riding on a bike?"

"What?" I asked her. "You have got on a bike before this?" The fact that she has been on a bike before is nothing compared to the questions floating in my mind.

Was it with a guy? Was he her boyfriend? Did she hold him this tightly too?

Before I could go ahead in my head, she said, "Oh yeah. I am from Delhi, Star, and like most guys, my brother has a bike too. And so does my best friend Sid. He is the one who taught me how to ride a bike."

To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. It's a miracle that I am still able to drive.

"What? So, let me get this, you not only are not scared but you actually know how to drive this thing too?"

Wow! I am so impressed. She is definitely not normal and boring, like she claims. How come noone ever tried to woo her. She said, she never even got flowers before me. How could someone not do something sweet for her, make her feel special is beyond me.

But the one thing that I do know is that from now onwards, I'm going to do everything possible to see her face light up like it did, when she saw the flowers. Even if I have to buy a whole flower shop. For her, I would do it in a heartbeat.

She giggled and said, " Yes, I do. Take a right from here."

I took the right turn.

"Stop, we're here."

I stopped the bike and she got off easily. Of course, I should've understood this when she got on the bike, smoothly and gracefully.

I parked the bike on the side and got off too. "You are full of surprises, my firefly." I said with a grin.

She blushed. And it widened my smile. I love this look on her.

"Let's go. My apartment is on the second floor."

Together, we got inside the building. I started to go toward the elevators, when she said, "The elevator is not working. So, we have to take the stairs."

Damn. "Okay." I said.

We climbed the stairs and soon we came to her floor. She took the key out of her purse and opened the door to her apartment.

As soon as she opened the door, an excited voice said, "Oh you are right on time, Ika darling. We are going to have the best time today. And maybe you'll find someone to have your first kiss with, who knows."

"Oh my god, Ayla! Stop." Ika screeched. She looked at me with wide eyes.

But all I could focus on, were the words 'first kiss'. She hasn't had her first kiss yet. Holy shit, where did this girl come from? I looked at her plump and very kissable lips. How could someone not kiss those lips?

She bit her lower lip and it took everything in me to not wrap my hands in her silky hair and give her the best first kiss ever.

Suddenly, the Ayla girl started speaking again and the moment broke.

"Why? We're finally going out. After months of convincing y..." She came where we were standing and her eyes turned into saucers.

She stood there like a statue and for the whole three minutes said nothing. I was starting to think about calling an ambulance when suddenly she screamed.

"OHHH. MYYY. GODDD. Zane Fucking Sterling is standing in our apartment." She looked at Ika and said, "Why are you not freaking out? Does this look normal to you? Why am I shouting?"

Ika and I looked at each other and then burst out laughing.

Holy shit, this is hilarious. Ika laughed so hard that tears started leaking from her eyes.

I willed myself to stop and then I took steps in front of Ika and gently wiped her tears. And she gave me the sweetest smile. And what did I do? Well, I grinned like an idiot.

"Oh my God! What the fuck is happening? Why is this looking like a romantic movie plot? Can someone please explain to me?" Ayla said again.

She looked like she would burst her artery if she didn't get answers right fucking now.

Ika chuckled and said, "Ayla, meet Zane Sterling. Zane, meet Lylah Atkins, my roommate and a very good friend."

I turned towards Ayla, extended my hand towards her and said, "Hi Ayla, it's really nice to finally meet you. Ika has told me a lot about you."

She looked at my hand, then at Ika and then again at me. Finally she took my hand and said, "Hi, it's nice to meet you. But I have no fucking idea about the hell is going on? How do you know Ika? Are you guys friends or something? Also why did you not tell me that you know him, Ika? I'm really really confused."

"Zane, can you wait in the living room? I need to talk to Ayla." Ika asked.

"Of course. Don't worry about me. Take your time. I'll be waiting."

She took Ayla's hand and went inside a room and while closing the door gave me a beautiful smile.

Oh god! This girl, I can stare at her beautiful face for an eternity. She is so elegant, still simple. Her face, devoid of any makeup. Her all natural glow can make anyone fall for her.

I roamed around the living room. It's a small but cozy apartment. This feels like home.

I went to the balcony. There are so many flower pots there. They are so beautiful. I assume that Ayla is the one who bought them, since she studies about plants.

After what feels like hours, although it wouldn't have been more than twenty-five minutes, they came out.

Ayla has a mischievous grin on her face and Ika is trying not to laugh.

Seeing them like that made me chuckle.

These two are weird. Ayla came towards me and said, "So, I heard you are taking my bestie on a date. What are your intentions with her?" She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

Ika hides her face with her hands and it looks like she is laughing.

I shook my head, chuckled and said, "Well, I guess I am trying to get to know your bestie better. And maybe, trying to convince her to keep me forever?"

Ayla's smile widened while Ika just stared at me with a bewildered expression.

"Wow! You are pretty straightforward. You haven't even gone on a first date yet. You sure you want to be with her?" She asked me.

Ika started to torment her lip again and I wanted to go torment that lip myself.

I looked into Ika's eyes and said, "When I first started talking to her, I knew that I would want to be with her. Her one message made my face light up after years. That's how I knew that she is going to glow my life up and for the past one month she has. She is my firefly."

Ika's face turned into an understanding one. It's like she solved the final piece of her puzzle.

She now knows why I call her Firefly.