Chapter 202: [The Catastrophe II]

[Moscow]

The sudden appearance of the blood chains were so instant that it literally caught Jinwoo off guard, due to that some of the chain were wrapped around his ankle and wrist as he was then thrown to the side and made to crash to different sections of a collapsed building. After that some of the blood chains then rose up into the air as it deformed and merged into one huge blood thorn ball which fell from above and squarely hit Jinwoo from where he lays.

Producing shockwave upon contact, the whole platform from where the contact happened then crumbled down into a wreck as Jinwoo screamed from the pain that he felt. However despite the pain, Jinwoo never planned to back away now in this fight, now that August himself had killed a lot of people in the vicinity just to strengthen his chaos ability. No matter what anyone says, such an act was an act of murder, and murder is something he cant forgive.

Gritting his teeth, Jinwoo clenched his fist into a close, as he punched the thorn ball with all his might and literally destroyed it in just one attack. Following that he then gripped his rod so hard, to the point that his palm started to bleed as he posed himself into a throwing position and threw the rod towards August. The speed that he threw it, was so fast that it literally broke the sound barrier and reached Mach 1 in speed, in that sense the rod punctured squarely on August shoulders before he even noticed the attack, as he got dragged back by the speed and got pinned down on a wall after crashing through different obstacles.

After that, Jinwoo then quickly entered into a running position as he dashed forward while avoiding the obstacles in the way and reached the location where August was pinned in a matter of 30 seconds. Utilizing his strength enhancement chaos ability, he then further improved his speed, strength, dexterity, and even his bone structure in order to endure the strain his chaos ability implement on his body. By doing this, he can enact superhuman abilities that is far from human and closer to a monster.

Taking a huge leap from the air, he then clasped his fist  into a punch as he came crushing down from above and punched his way through towards August. Of course as a sensible person himself, August just wouldn't take that lying down as he quickly raised up multiple layers of blood barrier, while also launching multiple blood spears in the air aiming towards Jinwoo.

With the attacks tearing through his skin, Jinwoo roared out in anger and frustration as he destroyed everything in his path before he came down and punched his way against the blood barrier that August had created. In parallel to his effort, August gritted his teeth, as he further enhanced his barrier in order to hold up against Jinwoo's attack, while he also prepares to fully counter him if the barrier were somewhat unable to fully defend itself against the onslaught.

Luckily for him despite the enormous strength that Jinwoo had showed which literally created a shockwave which shook the earth, his barrier was still able to hold on, as August then started to launch his counter at the exact moment Jinwoo plans to draw back. However in contrary to his expectation, after failing to break through August barrier, Jinwoo then instead closes in further against the barrier as he served out another powerful strike which this time completely destroyed the barrier itself.

Getting shocked by this sudden turn around, August then  quickly took a huge leap back as he stretched out his hand and launched a blood attack in a form of a ballista, which shot towards Jinwoo in a point blank range.

With that Jinwoo was once more caught off guard by such an attack, as he quickly crossed his arm in front of him and used his own body to fully defend himself from that point blank range.

After one huge explosion which is the result from that point blank range attack, August then took quite a distance away from the location where the explosion happened, as he grabbed ahold of the rod that was stuck on his shoulder and forcefully pulled in out in great pain. Using his ability, he then quickly closes up his wound with a blood clog, a she threw the rod away and recover the feeling in his shoulder

While August was recovering himself from the wound that he had received, Jinwoo on the other hand was in a much terrible state as his arms barely managed to survive from the attack, as it hanged wounded and blood seeping out from the cuts on the skin's surface. Taking note with a disheveled hair and the sorry appearance he is in, Jinwoo was literally in no condition to fight at all. The only thing that kept him going up to this point was his pure will and determination to take down August.

However it seems like his pure will and determination wasn't enough to take down August at all. He was exhausted, his body was a wrecked, and he can barely feel the limbs in his body at this point. He literally had pushed himself to the limit in this time around.

"Ha... ahahaha.... haha... Fuck! this is the worst"

Of course August quickly caught up to this, as he slowly stood up straight and formed a death scythe made out of blood and walked towards Jinwoo while having a conversation with him.

"Looks like you are done for"

"....."

"Don't give me that look! You've brought this upon yourself.... as a matter of fact I somewhat recognized you.... have we met?"

"What do you think?"

Hearing that August took a closer look at Jinwoo as he suddenly remembered him from his memory.

"Aha! i see... you were that rat that our group had met at the border of China... sorry for not recognizing you immediately, you were just insignificant during those times... but my oh my how far you've grown... your even a lot stronger than the first time we met, you actually put up a challenge this time"

"It really is hard to take that as a compliment when it came from you"

"Take it! be grateful for it! its not like i gave out compliment everyday.... but whey do you kept appearing in my way?"

"...."

"I spared you once already since you look pitiful then, you should've avoided me then, but why are you in front of me? are you really that determined to see the after life? Did you really think i will spare you a second time?"

Hearing the tone in his voice, Jinwoo realized that August was serious  about killing him, as he then slowly calmed down his muscles as he glared back towards August. If he was going to die today, he will accept it. If it was his time, he will not stop it. but that doesn't mean that he wouldn't die trying to get his ass out of his situation. However, no matter what he do, his body wont move at all.

It was like his body itself short circuited and his thought were cut off from the rest of the function. Upon reaching this point, Jinwoo then realized that the effect that his body was undergoing now, must be due to his excessive use of his ability. After all he was completely pushing his body to the limits and this time it looks like his body had actually ran out of steam.

'This is really the worst' this was his thoughts as he saw the bladed inching closer towards him. 'looks like this is it for me' that was another words that came to his mind as he let go of his resistance. After having this thought, Jinwoo then somewhat saw his life flash before his eyes as he saw the blade swung at him in full force.

With a diagonal slash, a huge wound was cut up from his shoulder, across his chest, and down straight past his stomach. Afterwards August then finishes up his last touch as he cuts open his throat which would prevent Jinwoo to even scream in pain from what he felt.

He doesn't want Jinwoo to die just like that in an instant, he wants him to feel the pain of being cut open, as he  slowly losses his life from all the blood loss he had received. In this sense this was an ultimate humiliation one can do against an opponent and August doesn't care about that honor wince he also had a long grudge against the organization which led to his pats companions deaths.

Unknown to the both of them, Claire saw everything that had transpired from afar as tears begun to flow out from her eyes as she cried and begged that this wasn't real and everything was just a nightmare from a dream. While Claire was crying on one location, another person also saw such a seen, as rage filled its eyes and its expression scowled into fury that never seen before. In accordance to this person's anger, the whole weather itself started to change as the sky turned dark and thunder begun to rumble in the sky while rain pour heavily in the city.