Chapter 205: [One Chance]

[Moscow]

Before anyone could have a chance to interrupt the battle between the two of them, August gathered his mana unto the blood scythe that he had just created out of his chaos ability, as he swung it hard horizontally and released a blood wave of attack, which destroyed the whole bottom section of multiple buildings, that are in its way towards its target.

In response to this, Kanzaki slightly glanced over towards Claire who was trapped inside the blood cage, as he quickly got in between her and the attack, as he quickly raised the Aegis barrier in front of him. Thus in just a matter of few seconds, both power initially clashed against each other, as everything around him was swept away and somewhat forced him to actually slid back a little by a few inch.

Resonating the shock that his body felt from colliding with the attack, Kanzaki conjured black and white flames unto his sword, as he raised it up into the air and slashed down at the blood wave that continued to drill  itself through his barrier. The moment he did this, a huge explosion rung out as he cut apart the attack itself which was so strong to the point that his swing had created a literal crater around the tip point of his swing.

However the moment he did this, hundreds of blood tentacles rose up from the distance and through the walls of the building as they loom over him menacingly, and dropped on him like a heavy rainfall from the skies above. Because of that Kanzaki quickly puts up his aegis barrier around his who9le body as he charged forward while charging up his attack on his sword

But as he goes deeper into the enemy's attack range, the attacks itself became even more intense to the point that it soon begun attacking him from below and in all direction. With such pressure of an attack, the Aegis barrier he had conjured soon broke apart, which forced Kanzaki to fully engulf his body with lightning energy and use speed to blitzkrieg through the forest of blood tentacles.

However even this attempt was futile as the attacks became even more intense and heavier to the point that there was no space in between the attacks for him to slip pass through. Due to that, Kanzaki was then forced to quickly brake his speed as he begun parrying the attacks from all direction with great attack speed, before continuing on his run.

But the moment he got around a few meters away from August, a blood tentacle suddenly wrapped itself around his ankle which caused him to break his speed in a sudden notice. as the other more than a hundred tentacles begun targeting all his blind spot at the exact same moment.

With the use of quick thinking and decision making, Kanzaki quickly used another chaos ability foreign to his own, as he turned his whole body into hard metal which made it even hard for the attacks to penetrate his body.

Defending himself with only pure sheer will, Kanzaki then quickly destroyed the surrounding tentacles with the use of him using a heavy lightning strike which strikes down from above and fried all the blood tentacles into smithereens. After that he quickly created a lightning field around his base, as he begun charging up an attack from his swords and begun releasing multiple sword wave enhanced with black flames, white flames, and lightning attacks.

Faced with such an attack, August created a huge blood wall in between them, as he used his own sheer will to maintain the form of the wall against the series sword wave of attacks. However despite his efforts, some of the attacks were still able to pierce through his defenses which led to some of his armor be chipped off from the residue itself.

But in the amidst of this attacks, August suddenly sensed Kanzaki's aura, as he quickly jumped away from his blood wall, just in time to dodge his swing which literally destroyed the wall itself. 

Without a moments to waste, while they were in the animated suspense from their previous movement, August quickly took this chance to initiate his next move while in midair, as he controlled the destroyed section of the blood wall, and form a huge man eating fish made out of blood lounged towards Kanzaki.

In a blink of an eye, Kanzaki's shoulder were bitten down hard by the razor teeth of the blood fish, as it tried to gnaw away through his flesh. However during this time, Kanzaki's metallization was still in effect as his whole body itself was still made out of hard steel which negates the bite force from the blood fish itself.

Destroying the blood fish with a stab from his sword, Kanzaki then begun to draw forward as he tried to catch up towards August. But just as he finished off the blood fish that bit him down, August suddenly conjured a blood hammer out of thin air, as he smacked him on the side and ricochet him far away unto towards the building opposite of their location.

As if that wasn't enough, the blood residue that were left behind on his body from the blood fish that he had destroyed, then suddenly elongated and wrapped itself around him, as it suddenly blinked for a few moments before it exploded in great force.

Knowing that Kanzaki wouldn't just be done in by such level of an attack, August compressed his ability into a blood gauntlet as he prepared himself for Kanzaki's sudden counterattack.

Just like he expected, the explosion was soon cut apart, as Kanzaki cuts it in half and came out from the explosion completely unscathed. The only thing he didn't expect, was Kanzaki suddenly using strength enhancement chaos ability to pick up a destroyed car not far from him and throw it towards him.

Due to that, no matter what August do, his attention was quickly shifted over towards the approaching car as he sued his both hands to guard himself from the falling vehicle. However the moment he took off his eyes on Kanzaki, the person himself then suddenly blinked in front of him, as it swung up his sword and blew August back towards the wall behind him. If it weren't for his armor, August would have died from that single attack and never live to see another day.

Thankful for his armor, August breath out a sigh of relief as he pushed himself back up in order to burst out a counter towards Kanzaki. but before he could do such a thing, the person himself blinked near his sides, as he quickly retracted his ability and blocked the incoming attack from his right.

With that clash, the initial phase of the confrontation has ended, as both of them were done measuring each other up.