Chapter 225: [Rise of the Sentinels VI]

[Bouvet Island]

As Markwin shouts out with all his might, Nueve then suddenly dashed towards them in break neck speed, as he dodged Markwin sword swing and countered back with a gut punch that sent him flying. Following after it, Nueve then blinked before Richard as he said.

"Hmmm... Paralyzed with fear, your not fit in a battlefield boy!"

When Richard heard those words, a seething anger rushed inside of him, as he tightened his grip on his guns, but soon somewhat mellowed down after reminding himself of the massacre that just happened. If people who have been an agent way longer than him have either been taken down or killed, then what could he a rookie could do against such monster?.

He was not the protagonist of a story, nor part of the main cast, he believed that if by some chance he could be a supporting character. That was his thoughts since he never really wanted to stand out unless Kanzaki and his group were involved. After all he view Kanzaki as a person worthy to become his rival for his growth. As long as Kanzaki is his goal to one day surpass, he knew that he could get stronger, thus the reason why he attempts to obtain permission for a field exploration rather than missions within Grandora City.

Based on his analysis, Kanzaki only grew stronger by acquiring experience in the field mission itself. In comparison to the chaos being that attacks the city due to their instincts to kill all the humans in this world, the chaos being outside the city itself has far more intelligence than the once who attacks them. So based on the record, chaos beast that stayed outside the city walls are far more dangerous than the ones held inside the city.

"Cant even pull the trigger... Then that means you shouldn't be here,you dont deserve all the credit of being an agent..."

As Nueve said those word to trigger Richard with his taunts, Markwin suddenly rushed behind him with no scratch on his body at all, as he swung his sword and only hit air.

Realizing that his target suddenly disappeared, Markwin quickly used his chaos ability to enhance  himself and react just in time for him to dodge an attack coming from behind.

Furthermore using his chaos ability to improve himself, he managed to ducked down instinctively, and attack back with his enhanced physical trait. In that moment even Nueve was surprised as he didnt expect someone to actually follow his movements and even counter back.

Blinking away from Markwin, Nueve then changed his target changed from Richard to Markwin. As he seemed to realize that Markwin is more of a dangerous individual aside from any agents on the field. His existence literally hangs by the thread.

Without any words exchanged between the two of them, Nueve rushed forward while Markwin did the same and fought the enemy with his sword. In that moment a sword and a hand clashed repeatedly as neither of the side gave in from the pressure of the other as both fighters tried to outdo the other.

Unfortunately while Markwin was giving his all in front of this rapid attack, Nueve on the other hand treated this as warming up as he toyed with Markwin. So at their 30th clash, Nueve then suddenly caught his sword in mid swing, as he elbowed Markwin, causing him to fly away by a few feet.

After that Nueve then destroyed the sword that Markwin was using, as he picks up the broken sword and blinked in front of Markwin.

In the next moment Nueve stabbed the broken sword unto Markwin shoulders, as he rips him open by dragging the blade all across his body and forcing him to lose his consciousness from the excessive amount of blood loss.

When Markwin fell, Richard then fell into shock and anger as he was surprised that Markwin was done in by the enemy and anger at himself for letting this situation happen. So in that moment something snapped within him which forced him to use his chaos ability.

"Goddammit!!! Markwin!!!"

With his fear being washed away by his anger, Richard then pointed his guns towards Nueve as he begun firing rapid shots towards him. Sadly Nueve was so fast that he was able to dodge  them all and even mocking his attacker.

"Your slower than i thought you would be"

As Nueve said these words, he suddenly blinked behind Richard with an attempt to decapitate him in just a single attack. Unfortunately with Richard's chaos ability, he was able to have dodge the attacks and even countered back with a straight aim from behind. Without any context given, Richard fired away his shot, as he literally saw Nueve tanking his attack, before grabbing his hand  and breaking them with a quick reverse fold.

For the first time Richard screamed in pain, as Mike watched the two agents he manage through the screen and saw what happened to them in that few moments. They literally stood no chance against such monster at all. Richards arm was broken and Markwin was bleeding non stop from the huge wound he acquired. In that sense it was a complete wipeout on their side, the enemy was just too strong.

But despite losing one arm, Richard still kept at it as he aimed his other gun towards Nueve and begun firing with full of anger. Using his chaos ability, he could kite away Nueve, while using his other hand to attack the enemy. Unfortunately despite Richards incredible speed, Nueve was still faster than him, as he soon caught up and reached out his hand towards him.

In that moment Richard finally had his opponent in point blank range, as he aimed his gun towards Nueve's gut and fired an electro magnetic laser towards him causing Nueve to be caught off guard and blown back by the force of the attack. For the first time since the start of this skirmish against one enemy, Nueve had finally taken damage in such an unexpected way.