Chapter 219: [Operation For Antartica II]

[Southern Ocean]

The Southern Ocean encircles Antarctica, and its area is usually defined as extending from the edge of the continent (and its ice shelves) to the position of the 'polar front' separating it from the surrounding Pacific, Indian and South Atlantic Oceans. This Antarctic Polar Front marks the location where there is a strong contrast in the temperature of the sea water: the Southern Ocean water is significantly colder than the waters of the surrounding oceans. These differences can be as extreme as -1.8°C near Antarctica to about 3.5°C near the polar front.

The polar front boundary is relatively stable in its position through the year, but the latitude at which it is found varies around the continent. For instance, the frontal boundary between the Southern Ocean and the South Atlantic is located at around 50°S; whereas the boundary with the Pacific Ocean is in places more than 60°S. The Antarctic Polar Front itself is a narrow zone, about 40km wide, across which sea surface temperatures rise by 2 to 3°C. According to this way of defining the Southern Ocean, its area is 31.8 million km2, constituting nearly 9% of the Earth’s total ocean area.

At this time of the day about a 3 days has passed since the interrogation with August, the skies and sea of the southern ocean is currently filled with huge ships and carrier plane, authentic chaos breaker organization issued a major operation to capture Argie Franklin  a.k.a Undead. Taking measure of their previous failed attempt to apprehend him in numerous occasion, the organization mobilized a portion of Grandora's city forces, Antarctica's forces, Malaysian's forces, Indonesia's forces, Japan's forces, Africa's forces, and America's forces, totaling about 28 battle ready ships, 13 carrier ships, 78 carrier planes, 35 arctic land weaponry, 135 agents, and 301 military units with support units excluded in the numbering.

This may just be a portion of the organization's strength, but this alone shows just how serious is the organization in capturing Argie Franklin. What's more this is a highly regarded operation since head general Alex is included within the power of this operation. So with him alone, the strength of the organization is brought to a whole new level.

In this time of the day head general Alex is currently in a meeting with various operating leaders as he used his authority to bring each country representative who joined the operatio  into one meeting in order to apprehend Argie Franklin.

"Based on what information we have, Argie Franklin a.k.a Undesd is currently somewhere in Antarctica, and this was confirmed by the leader of the R.E.A.P.E.R terrorist group August Murim"

"How can we trust the words of a terrorist, are you sure that this is a legit information? Who extracted this information"

"It was extracted by an agent in the Grandora city"

"Wait! Did I hear that right? An agent? Not some interrogator? What kind of bullshit is this? You let an agent who doesn't even know how to extract information, get some information from a terrorist? How can you be sure that he isn't fooled? We aren't fooled?"

In that moment head general Alex intervenes.

"Its best you don't belittle the agent, this agent just went toe to toe against the leader of the terrorist group... as you may all know August Murim is a really dangerous person due to his ability and this agent alone managed to suppress him till his defeat which no agents had ever done before, so you should atleast give him credit for that"

"Sorry about the disrespect head general Alex, but I just can't believe an agent managed to go toe to toe with someone as August Murim, it's just to unreal"

"You wouldn't be able to say that if you actually watched the recording about what happened in Moscow that was sent to you"

"I...."

After head general Alex shut the opposing party down, he then cleared his thoughts and begun to recall what August said. After all its been hours since the operation begun and the agents and military units had already scoured both the land and sea of Antarctica, but despite that they failed to find a clue leading them towards Argie Franklin.

At this moment he seemed to recall one crucial piece of information that he misunderstood from how quick he is on the uptake. As he recalled August never actually said that Argie is in Antarctica, but rather he was somewhere near Antarctica. That was his misunderstanding and blunder. With that in mind, he then scoured through the map, as he called out to some personnel handling the mapping system of Antarctica.

"Can anyone bring up the map?"

Hearing his question, some supporting personal brought up the map of Antarctica in 3D, which caused many eyes to dart towards the head general and some operating leaders to take notice if his actions.

"Head General! What's wrong?"

As the operating leader's begun to show their confusion, head general Alex then further widened the map, as he pointed out one crucial information towards everyone.

"Forgive me for my blunder but I think that we are actually looking at this in a wrong angle"

"???"

"What August said is near Antarctica, he never said in Antarctica... so if we put that in mind the only place that is near Antarctica that we have deliberately ignored due to its location is this"

When Head General Alex pinned one location in the map, he then zoomed the map in and greatly enhanced the pixels of the map to showcase the unhibited island that was near Antarctica.

Bouvet Island.

When everyone saw the island, everyone's eyes widened in surprise, as they asked head general Alex for confirmation with their eyes alone. But the head general next words confirmed everything.

"I'm sure he is there, my instincts tells me so"

Human instincts are the natural reactions that humans have when presented with a situation. These reactions can be physical or emotional, and often stem from our prehistoric past. -Some of our most common instincts include the need to survive, protect ourselves, and find love. In this case head general Alex's instincts for danger had kicked up when he saw the island, which caused him to be sure that their target was in such location.

"Head General! Are you sure? If we follow your instincts, we may be going in blind"

"I'm sure! Just do it"

With no way to argue with the head general, the operating leader's then guided all of the units to head over at Bouvet Island in order to search for their target. Unbeknownst to everyone a greater danger was brewing within that certain island which would claim a lot of lives.