Chapter 203: [The Catastrophe III]

[Moscow]

The changes in the weather was apparent to everyone i the city, after all the once clear white skies which barely any light passes through, had now transformed into something dark and gloomy as thunder begun to erupt into the surroundings. Unknown to everyone, a certain person was exuding a huge amount of dangerous mana into the air which affected the weather as Kanzaki's energy swelled based on the emotions his body is currently feeling.

At this point Kanzaki was in a state of trance wherein he wouldn't be able to take full control of his body, as his subconscious fully take over and do activities based on the situation at hand and what its host currently feels.

There are many names for this type of mode of a human being, some call it the limit break, some call it the full human capability, some call it ultra instincts, while some call it enlightenment. But the truth of it all such a mode doesn't have any type of name at all. The name itself were just given by the humans who have entered such state and not knowing what it is. It is quite apparent in human nature to fear what they deemed as unknown, so with that they had given it a name which then branched out from different variations.

In that mode, Kanzaki felt a stinging pain in the chest and burning sensation all over his body, as he subconsciously felt anger from deep within after its own body sees the situation in front of him. Jinwoo is on its deathbed, Claire was trapped in some type of a prison, and the enemy itself was standing before his colleague with nearly unscathed body. Just from this scene alone, it almost looks like Jinwoo didn't even stand a chance in fighting the enemy and was mercilessly battered left and right.

Receiving that type of information and interpreting it all on its own, Kanzaki deemed the enemy with a blood chaos ability as an enemy, while the rest are subject for rescue. But sensing the dread in the air, his body unknowingly realized that saving people in this current situation was neigh impossible without him getting injured of some sort. Incomparison to all the enemy he had faced in the past, his body felt that the enemy before him is much more dangerous and stronger than any enemy he had encountered throughout his career.

The strongest opponent he would currently face, is now right in front of his eyes.

In order to help the people that is currently in dire situation in front of him, he would have no choice but to get rid of the enemy right in front of him first.

Naturally Kanzaki's hostility was felt by August as his eyes widened in awestruck from sensing such pure chaotic energy that he had never felt before. Such mana that he had felt was so overwhelming that he couldn't help but sweat a bit while nearly choking on what he would say next. 

Upon sensing such energy, he then traced back the energy towards it host, as he saw a battered looking person from afar which is looking at his direction with hostility filled in its eyes. Seeing that the person himself was about to get ready for an attack, August knew that he shouldn't underestimate such a person as he quickly used his chaos ability to hasten the healing of his body and reconstructing of his bones.

 Even though not fully a hundred percent healed since he doesn't have a healer type of ability, he was fully confident that he can replicate the effect of healing as long as he controlled his blood and forcefully closing up his wounds and fix his injuries.

But just as he was doing this, Kanzaki then begun to move as he engulfed his sword with black and golden flames, before releasing it towards August in a form of wave of flames. As the black and golden flames raced against each other towards the enemy, August quickly formed a blood roof right above his head, as he quickly puts it in front of him and used it to fend off the attack and separate the flames that came his way into two directions.

However despite doing this, the heat of the flames nearly scorched August skin as he felt a stinging burn on his skin , which made him grit his teeth in order to endure the heat.

But as August was focused on blocking the attack, Kanzaki then used this opportunity to shorten the distance between him and the enemy as he strengthened the bones and muscles on his legs , as he jumped into the air, while simultaneously gathering solar energy unto his sword which shone brighter than the sun itself.

The moment Kanzaki got above August, the former quickly slashed his sword of light down towards its target, while the latter quickly puts up a barrier which would enable himself to block such an attack. With the collision of two powers, a huge explosion rung out as Kanzaki was blown back by the force of the explosion and landed at the building near the explosion itself.

While the dust was still still up and the smoke completely obscured the surroundings, Kanzaki launched himself off the building as he engulfed his sword in black flames and charged towards the predetermined location of his target with a heavy horizontal slash. But the moment he reached the predetermined location and made his slash, August was nowhere to be seen, as Kanzaki felt a presence behind him, as saw the person himself shoot multiple blood bullets towards his direction.

Without a moments thought, Kanzaki quickly raised up his free hand to form a barrier of light to block off the attacks, as  he quickly swipe away all the incoming attacks with a forced mana explosion, before charging in once more with  black flames on his sword.

With the incoming over the shoulder slash, August tilted his body to the side in order to evade the attack, as he gathered blood on his fist and strike out a powerful blow towards the open enemy.

But the moment he did such a thing, Kanzaki suddenly disappeared in the air, as he only managed to hit a few scrubs of lightning energy, as he simultaneously felt danger coming from behind him. Without looking back, August quickly formed a blood wall behind him, which was just in time to block the fatal attack coming from Kanzaki himself.

After successfully blocking the attack,, he quickly jumped back while turning around, as he released multiple blood slashes heading towards Kanzaki. Unfortunately Kanzaki saw through this using his foresight, as he quickly disappeared in that location and suddenly appeared behind August once more in a blink of an eye.

Sensing the danger coming from behind him, August then didn't dare to use the same tactic once more, as he then gathered blood unto his back and forcefully produced a porcupine spikes on its back and spread it out like a threatened animal. But such an attempt was also futile, as Kanzaki disappeared from behind him, and suddenly appeared on his left in the next moment.

This time taking the lag of using the abilities continuously, Kanzaki then took such opportunity to gather an energy of light unto his sword and blasted a beam towards August in a single slash.