Chapter 210: [Return to The Way It Was]

~Volume 4 Other world~

[Grandora City]

Two month has passed since the incident regarding with the terrorist group in Moscow had ended. The issue regarding the loss and number of casualties in the operation, is still being held up to this day by the media and press. Apparently even though a month has already passed since then, the media itself who clings to drama and pressuring news, just wouldn't let up as they repeatedly reminded the people of the whole world about the incident in Moscow that leads to many deaths.

In fact there are even some exaggerations at play and even theories that literally portray the incompetency of the organization. Even though the organization itself are the main defense line of this world against the monster that appeared during the apocalypse 11 years ago.

That's right 11 years , not the previous 10 years. 

At this day January 1 about 11 years ago, during the year 2020, the apocalypse had descended unto the world as the dimensional cracks formed and begun spouting up monsters. In this day which signifies the new life of a person, the life of everyone on that day completely changed as the apocalypse literally swallowed the whole world

Current time year is 2031, 11 years apart from the apocalypse itself. The once date which symbolizes joy and new beginning, had been overwritten with mourn and longing for the past that they couldn't prevent. There were no fireworks or celebration in January 1, the whole day itself was completely solemn and silent as a show to indicate everyone's feeling during that year.

The widows longed their spouses who died, the orphans mourned for their family who already passed away, the acquaintances drank sorrowfully towards their comrades who left them behind. The whole world itself observed such day and never disrespect it. In fact even the media had shut their mouth during this day, but this ceasefire would only last a day before they go back harassing the organization once more.

Back on the topic regarding the harassing of the media towards the organization, the organization itself even launched an investigation on who's behind this harassment. After all the media itself wouldn't even think of harassing the organization who is backed by all the remaining presidents, if not someone was equally powerful with the government backing them.

In the end the investigation pinpointed a certain influential person in the underworld (Dark side of the society) who also has connections with various presidents and had held their secret as hostage for them to support him. Using his connections, he was somewhat able to take ahold of 10 presidents under his beck and call, just by holding on to their darkest secret which could literally ruin their reputation.

What's more this 10 presidents are also members of the party that supported the chaos breaker organization managed by Head General Alex. Due to that it was quite hard for the organization itself to issue a warrant against such person if 10 presidents were to try and protect him from the people not controlled by a tyrant in the underworld.

If the situation arises, there would be an internal conflict within the party sponsoring the organization, which would lead to another issue. If this internal conflict ever goes out of hand and somewhat reached to the populace, the media itself would then go for the goal and immediately degrade the organization.

As long as that tyrant in the underworld wasn't dealt with properly, this conflict would never end, which puts the organization in quite a tight spot.

With that problem being dealt with by the higher ups of the organization. its regular members and agents who were stationed  below the rankings of the organization but top at the ranking in terms of forces against the monsters, are currently ordered to lay low and be excused in their duty for quite a long time now.

Aside from minimal activity like patrol, the other activity such as missions, investigations, and even field jobs, are withdrawn in accordance to the current slander towards their organization. They were getting too much attention from the masses itself, of course this is on its bad way due to the incident in Moscow.

Except from the artificially made Grandora City, the other surviving countries, has some of their citizens rallying on the streets regarding the activities of the organization that leads to further destruction.

Alongside their slogan which slanders the organization, those members of the rally even showcased some past files regarding the various operation of the organization which leads to destruction and deaths on its mission. They advocate human rights  to the hilarious claims that the agents were being forced to go on a dangerous missions which they could die for against their will, there was even a rallyist who shouted a theory that the organization was monopolizing the use of monster materials for their own gains rather than giving out the materials to ordinary people,

All those rubbishes were displayed in full view as the media distorts the truth and only show case the opinions of people who held contempt for the organization. With such messed up view of the world, some people who supported the organization even somewhat wished for a second apocalypse to happen and destroy those rally group in order to showcase just how important the organization is.

Seeing all this madness in the television, Kanzaki then shuts off the screen of the TV as he sat down with his crutches on the sofa and observed everyone inside the living space of the dorm.

In the polar dormitory, there was Kanzaki, Sanaguchi, Ai, and Jessica in the living room. In the Kitchen preparing some snacks, there was Ryuuji's butler Isabelle, and Alice. On the stairs while playing some games through mobile devices, there was Jinwoo and Ryuuji who is currently entertaining Claire. All in all in this time of the day, the polar dormitory itself is full of its residents as this place was livened up some more after all those depressing issues in the past.

As for the reason why Ryuuji, his butler Sebastian, and Claire are in this place, it is due to the reason that Ryuuji's mansion in London was completely destroyed and need reconstruction. With their mansion in such a way, they had no choice but to seek refuge in the dormitory for awhile and spend their leisure days with everyone.

While that was happening, Sanaguchi took notice of Kanzaki's situation and asked.

"How's your leg?"

"Hmm? Oh! well it is still patched up, but based on the doctor that came to check me out, he predicted that i would soon be able to walk again due to the insane healing factor of my body. all we need is to just give it time to heal"

"I see... but still to think that Claire's ability to heal a person was ineffective against you... this is to take note that her chaos ability is literally broken to  fault, so it came s a surprise that your seconds chaos ability is negating Claire's power which prevented your body to heal under her will"

"I know! i was also surprised to learn of that when i came in to... i mean doesn't that mean that the only reason why my second chaos ability was able to reject Claire's treatment was because my ability rank higher then hers?"

"That... that is true, you have a very peculiar ability... even till this point i cant figure out what your second ability is"

"Well it can be a copy type ability"

"We also thought of that, but your copy ability was too perfect to be called a copy... after all there is one underlying factor a copy ability has which si acknowledge by everyone... and that is copy ability can never surpass the original... however your ability literally just broke this common sense"

"So its a copy but also not a copy?"

"Yes cause if i mean that your second chaos ability is to copy other chaos ability, then why is it so perfect? why does it feel like more superior to the original, why can it also copy abilities that came from the weapons? If your ability is believed to be what it is, then all; of those is supposed to be impossible"

"......"

"In the end... all we can say is that your really special Kanzaki"

Hearing Sanaguchi's compliment, Kanzaki couldn't help but smile as he changed the topic into something else. With that their lively place became even more livelier due to the amount of people present in the area.