Chapter 232: [The Calm III]

[Grandora City, Academy's rooftop]

On the very next day, Kanzaki could be seen in a daze on the rooftop floor of the academy as he gaze into the city and its skies itself. To be exact his mind is currently pre-occupied by the things that he learned from Jinwoo yesterday.

All he could say about the information he had learned yesterday was that, such incident was totally out of their league. Putting the target aside, its acquaintance that helped the target overturn everything on that island, literally decimated everything to the point that only few survivors had survived. No one was left but those people who were wise not to fight against the said group.

They were strong, more faster than the eye could follow, reaction time that even beats instincts, mental calculation much faster than a machine, and tough enough to tank the Klein warhead missiles. An embodiment of beings way above the threshold that man kind could reach. Compared to their based strength, genetic lock and weapon synchronization seemed like a joke and a child's play.

That was how much of a monster were the guys surrounding the target.

With such information at hand, Kanzaki has no choice but to let go of his desire to avenge Richard's deceased teammates, as he wasnt exactly sure if he could survive that incident. In that moment he purely felt hopelessness and despair at bare minimum.

Hopelessness is a state of mind characterized by a feeling of despair, lack of optimism, and a sense that there is no possibility for improvement or positive change in a situation. It often accompanies feelings of helplessness and can be associated with depression or extreme stress. Despair is an intense feeling of hopelessness and loss of hope. It's a deep emotional state often characterized by a sense of utter discouragement, anguish, and pessimism about the future.

With such feeling dwelling deep within his mind and heart, Kanzaki then lost his way, as he dont know what to do.

At that exact moment, Alice came into the rooftop as he handed Kanzaki a piece of bread before sitting beside him to eat her lunch.

"There's no need to dwell on it Kanzaki, as you can see we cant do anything against it... Unless we are strong enough that we could split the sea, i dont think we could even the land a hit on them upon seeing their fast reaction speed"

"Not even you?"

"Yup! Even though i have the the chaos ability of accuracy, i cant seem to be assured that i could even snipe them down"

"Well seeing as how they move, i guess your right... However thats the part that i couldn't stand it... Is there really nothing we could do?"

"There's none Kanzaki... Dont charge towards something you cant handle yet... Dont overestimate yourself"

"I... Well i feel like shit if thats the case"

As Kanzaki said those words, he then sighed for a bit before eating the bread that Alice brought over to the rooftop. As he chew on the bread he then tasted it for a bit, before he turned towards Alice.

"This is resin... I just wanted a wheat bread"

"Dont be picky! Its not easy in getting that the bread since its always a war in the canteen"

"Fine fine! Whatever"

*********

Meanwhile while everyone went their busy day, Claire could be seen watching the line of ants and disrupted their pathway by putting in an obstacle in between their march route. As she did this, she then recall an event from her past which caused the Butler of ryuuji to pay attention to Claire

Life is the existence of living organisms, including humans, animals, and plants, characterized by various biological processes such as growth, reproduction, and metabolism. It encompasses experiences, relationships, challenges, and opportunities that shape individuals and their surroundings. Philosophically, life can also be seen as the essence of existence and the journey of self-discovery and fulfillment.

Death is the cessation of life and the permanent cessation of all biological functions that sustain an organism. It marks the end of physical existence, including brain activity, heartbeat, and respiration. Death is a natural part of the life cycle and is inevitable for all living beings. It is often accompanied by various cultural, religious, and philosophical beliefs about what happens after death.

The concept of death and life combining can be interpreted in various ways depending on philosophical, religious, or metaphorical perspectives. Metaphorically, the combination of death and life can represent transformation or rebirth. In this sense, the end of one phase or aspect of life can lead to the beginning of something new or the renewal of existence.

From a philosophical standpoint, the combination of death and life may symbolize the interconnectedness of all things. Death and life are seen as complementary forces, each necessary for the other to exist, creating a cyclical nature of existence. In religious or spiritual contexts, the combination of death and life can refer to beliefs about the afterlife or reincarnation, where death represents a transition to another form of existence or a continuation of the soul's journey.

Basically the concept of death and life is like yon and yang, one cant exist without the other. The presence of both is like a balance of nature and Claire herself is the key to tip the scale of power.

That's what she heard from the scientist that were with her. She herself is a special being, so special that many would covet her.

However herself as a captive is long in the past and completely different from what she is now. If before, she would accept the fact that she is someone important that everyone wants. But after spending time with ryuuji and his colleagues and learning about the cruel reality of the world, all she could hope for is that she will stay together with Ryuuji always.

As such thoughts played deep within her mind, the butler then asked for Claire's permission to head over to get something to drink before playing once more. However in that moment, when the butler had left, a shadow of a person loomed over her as Nueve greeted her with a smile.