Chapter 220: [Rise of the Sentinels]

[Bouvet Island]

Stone walls, dirt/stone floor, tree roots, dead leaves, twigs, old bones, bats, rats, spiders, webs, insects, earthworms, stalactites hanging from ceiling, stalagmites protruding from floor, pools of water that slowly turning into ice, bumpy/knobby/sharp stone, crumbling rock, jamming hands in fissures for handholds, slipping on a patch of wet rock, scraping against the wall, a fist of stone poking you in the back as you lean against a wall, bumping your head on a low ceiling, sweeping aside debris, all of these are features of the cave that Argie had entered upon entering its entrance in one of the sides of the mountains in Bouvet Island.

After going down deep inside the mountain,Argie then finally stumbled upon a hollow space inside this rocky formation, as he mistook a step and somehow caused him to exactly fall at the very location in which he was searching. As he crashed and stumbled upon the bottom of the hollow space, he then weakly stood up as he somehow looked at the parchment in its hand, before looking around the place and asking.

"Is this the right place?"

Based on the parchment he is hiding in which he ripped it off from his notebook, this place was the starting point of the end apocalypse in which the information he managed to gather throughout his course of travel all around the world.

Based on the recorded file, the first apocalypse happened somewhere in the north pole, it came like an explosion which released a highly concentrated mana which literally changed the topography of the north pole and slightly shift the magnetic pole of the world. It if further said that the concentration of mana from when it first exploded was so dense and rich that it literally surpasses any recorded file of the chaos beingsama density.

Meaning the mana density of all the chaos beings present in earth is far inferior to the first explosion of the apocalypse. Now taking that account that the inferior mana of the chaos beings could change a human into a being capable of wielding chaos abilities, one can just imagine just jow strong a person is if he or she got exposed to the superior mana density of the apocalypse explosion.

With such a grand idea Argie couldn't help but covet such mana to become a perfect being far beyond human reach and far beyond a chaos user can achieve, a being in the same level as a God, A literal perfect being. However throughout his research for the past years he was in the terrorist group and him going rouge, he realized that a human body simply couldn't withstand the high mana density of the apocalypse explosion.

This in turn drove him deeper into madness as he begun experimenting on humans and chaos beings by literally making them into a chimera. He was testing the limits of both species DNA. In order to achieve his goal of being a perfect being itself with no imperfections, he caused massive deaths to ensue in both sides which caused the chaos breaker organization to take notice of him and warrant his arrest.

However despite all his attempts, he only manage to achieve replicating a enhancer which could bring his body in a half step to perfection through a form of a serum. Unfortunately taking such serum was still a suicide for him. His body was not healthy not was it compatible for the serum to be used, a human body just can handle so much adaptation before it breaks down and kills itself.

But soon after this problem was given a solution through the form of Claire's ability to manipulate life and death. If Claire ability can steal the life of a person through touch, she can also literally maintain a person's life through touch itself. Due to that he has no choice but to acquire Claire's ability in order to make her ability sustain his breaking down body which would give him time to adapt to the serum.

With that he trespassed into the research facility in California and successfully kidnapped Claire. Throughout the time that he was alone with the child, he often took a sample of her blood and repeatedly experiment on it until he managed to achive what he wanted.

Upon getting his desired result, he naturally injected himself of Claire's blood which only let's his body heal fast enough to adapt to the serums pain for adaptability. With it the moment he used the serum back in the philippines, he then successfully stepped into his half perfect state and caused some problem unto the organization, however in the end he was thwarted and was soon captured by the terrorist group that he betrayed.

While being held captive, August reviewed his findings during his Rouge times and somewhat manage to come into conclusion of his research, but despite his effort in his research, August never even saw his hardship as a threat and simply wanted to kill him. Luckily during the commotion with the organization, he was able to get away from his wretched enemies.

But throughout the course of him being caught by the terrorist group, he always begun to wonder what went wrong? Why did he never set foot in the domain of perfection a literally God among men, in the end he came into the idea that his mana wasn't enough or better yet the mana density of the chaos being which turned him into a user was far inferior.

With it he then puts his last chance to become a perfect being by exposing himself to the phropesized place where the second apocalypse was mentioned. By having his whole body be exposed to the apocalypse explosion of the 2nd apocalypse, he would then soon transform into a perfect being akin akin a God. That is the reason why he is here, not to destroy the world, nor to ensue chaos, but rather turn into a god.

Soon after he then came upon a huge formation in the rocks as he somehow grew curious and realized that this must be the exact spot where the explosion would happen, but despite getting here, he has literally no idea on how to start the explosion.

But as if answering his question in mind, a shadowy figure appeared into the depths of the hollow space, as it soared through the air and brought cold wind across the area. Following that it then begun to toy with Argie's mind with sinister laughs and mocking words.

Distracted by all those charade, the shadowy figure then struck its blade across argies arm, as the person himself screamed in pain while it's blood sprayed all over yhe formation inches rocks.

With blood of a chaos user being sprayed all over the place, the formation soon glowed in the darkness, as deadly cold wind blew all over and begun to become violent all over the place.

It was happening, the 2nd apocalypse was starting. The ground shook, the sky turned dark, the sea become restless, and the wind was giving off the air of death. Soon after light had enveloped the place, as it literally blinded Argie, followed by the explosion of mana which towered towards the sky and somewhat tur ed to a root which encroached through the earth.

In that moment, the 2nd apocalypse had begun.