Chapter 208: [Curtain Call]

[Grandora City]

3 days has passed since the massive battle had happened in the city of Moscow of the Russian country. The battle itself was so devastating that a lot of people had died in the operation, whether they are soldier's and agents fighting for the cause of the humanity, or the innocent civilians who got caught in between the conflict. Because of this incident a lot of people had lost their family's and asked for justice and retribution.

The loss in this operation literally outweigh the benefits itself, no matter how much the organization had prepared for this operation, the deaths of the innocent civilians is a fact that they can't ignore and will forever be a burden along their shoulders. At most all of this burden fall on the shoulders of the people who participated in this battle  and the  head general of the organization itself.

The Chaos breaker organization received countless critism from both the Russian citizens and the government itself. The current president itself even demand for compensation from the organization and requested for them to take responsibility for this loss of their country if they don't want any problem against Russia itself.

In this scenario one cant even underestimate the words spoken by the Russian government, after all this country itself is one of the country who held a huge amount of nuclear bombs within their land. If the organization itself were to further offend its government, one can even guess how much this will enrage the Russian government which would inevitably lead to war and launching of nukes into the air. In this time of apocalyptic era, declaring war against one another must be prevented at all cost.

the world itself is already being riddled with the invasion of monsters from another world, they literally cant afford to enter a war against another country now that everyone have their hands filled with dealing against extraterrestrial threats.

With that the Head General of the organization, Head General Alexander, then personally attended the conference in Russia's ground and gave his heartfelt apology towards its masses itself. Even though the organization itself was able to mitigate the rising situation, the support from the masses itself was greatly diminished as people now have complicated feeling towards the organization, after the devastating event that happened in Moscow.

As for the terrorist group, they had been apprehended by the organization, as all of its remaining 6 members were locked individual cell below the organization's base in Grandora city. Since the city itself is made by the joint hands of all the remaining country, the prison cell of this base was naturally the top of the top from its security alone. With that each and every members were restrained according to their ability's and their weapons taken away while their chaos ability were being neutralized by a type of drug specially made for apprehending chaos ability users.

But despite successfully capturing the terrorist members and retrieving Claire, there was one variable that the people involved in the operation didn't manage to attain. Once more Argie Franklin A.K.A undead, was able to escape from the scene by using the chaos to sneak his way out and free himself from Victors control. Since August safety was more important than Undead, Victor has no choice but to let go of him and focus in aiding August. With that, Argie franklin was still on the loose and is currently being hunted down by the organization.

As for the people involved, they then returned to their respective bases, as those gravely injured agents were brought to the hospital and are being treated by the hospital's staff itself. In that sense both Jinwoo and Kanzaki is currently admitted in the hospital in Grandora city in order to recuperate and heal from their wounds.

While Jinwoo's wounds are grave, his life on the other hand were not in danger at all due to the occasional treatment coming from Claire herself. Now that they have retrieved Claire from the clutches of the terrorist group, the people of the polar dormitory then brought her back to their place as they originally have the custody of Claire under the name of Ryuuji himself. 

Speaking of Ryuuji, now that time has passed, he then ret8urned back to Grandora city after he gets his whole body patched up and paid for the bills in England's hospital. With that he is currently sitting side by side with Jinwoo who is currently on crutches, while talking about the things they have experienced in this incident. As for Claire she is currently being occupied by Jessica, Isabelle, and Ai, as they played with her with some toys that Ryuuji had brought back from England.

While they were talking, Ryuuji saw Alice complicated expression as he somehow learned of her circumstances from Isabelle herself. Apparently she went down together with Kanzaki in order to help him apprehend the enemy,, but despite her goodwill, she was not able to do anything at all in amidst of the intensified battle. She was completely frozen in shock in that incident and even if she tried to find some good place to support Kanzaki from afar with her sniping attacks, she couldn't even afford to pull the trigger as Kanzaki and his enemy left no opening for her to intervene.

If she tried to shoot her shot in that moment, she was afraid that she might accidentally break Kanzaki's momentum and accidentally hit him with her bullet. After all they were moving too fast and destructive for anyone who is below their tier to intervene. In the end she was overwhelmed with anxiety and fear. Because of that Kanzaki was left to fend for himself in the situation which lead to the current situation.

After the battle, Kanzaki's wounds and injuries were opened up as each and every part of his body was damage and he was bleeding all over. After entering the state of transcendence, Kanzaki's body received a huge shock and setback, as his body started to spasm and him bleeding uncontrollably. Despite Claire intervening to heal him up, all her ability could do was slow down the damage to his body and not completely heal its target. It was as if some greater power or force was suppressing Claire's ability to heal a wounded person himself.

This naturally caused a major shock to everyone who witnessed such scene. After all Claire's ability itself can even revive the dead if she wanted to, which can be considered a high class ability and a powerful one at that. With such a high class ability being suppressed to such a degree, everyone who saw that phenomenon could only imagine just how above or high is the power sleeping within Kanzaki himself.

After all based on the footage of the fight, such power could even lead a person to transcendence and such realm of ability is somewhat align to a divine level. With that, the scientist attention was quickly shifted over from Claire towards Kanzaki, since the latter's ability itself is in an even higher realm than the former.

But with Claire's constant supply of life energy, Kanzaki then made it at the hospital in Grandora city which then resulted to him being taken in for a surgery which lasted for a day and half of operation. Now that the operation, it was time to visit the main protagonist of the Moscow incident.

After entering his room together with everyone from the polar dormitory, they then saw Kanzaki sitting on his bed all patched up and currently looking at the window. But despite this beautiful scenery of a man looking at the window, none of them could utter a single word, as their hearts were immediately mixed with complicated feelings after seeing Kanzaki's state.

Despite looking fine and immaculate, Kanzaki was currently sitting on his bed with his eyes completely covered with bandages, as if stating that his eyes were damaged from the operation itself. For chaos ability users, their eyes held the utmost importance of care, since their eyes itself is the trigger for them to fully use their chaos ability in times of combat, and having one's eyes damage in times like this, only signifies of a possibility of permanent blindness, which is already considered for the agent to be labeled as crippled.

Despite surviving this crisis, a bitter feeling overwhelmed everyone as they saw Kanzaki's eyes being completely covered which held a high possibility of him being crippled for life.

                                                                        ~End of Volume 3 R.E.A.P.E.R~

                                                                         ~Next Volume 4 Other world~

Author's note:

 I'll be taking a 2 week break from this series and return with the new volume after that. Thank you for your support in reading this.