Invisible Chapter 2

Min-Jun, my boss, calls me the next day. I'm sitting in the living room with Hudson. "Hey, kiddo," his voice filters through the phone. Hopefully, he comes with good news.

"Hey, any news on the Yoongi situation? Is his house being removed from my schedule?" My voice is full of hope. He chuckles in return.

"Actually..." he hesitates. "Yoongi doesn't want anyone else to clean his house. He only wants you. According to him, you seem respectful. He's been happy with your work so far. He also offered to pay you a hefty amount extra to keep you as his housekeeper."

I look over at Hudson. He's hyper-focused on his cartoons. Knowing we need the extra income, I sigh. Korea isn't as expensive as Canada, but I still struggle financially.

Hudson's school tuition is rather steep. I don't have much of a choice. I'll do what I have to to provide for him. Finally coming to a decision, I let out another deep sigh.

"Okay, I'll stay. I'll just have to try harder to avoid Yoongi." Min-Jun chuckles when he hears the defeat in my voice.

"Don't worry. He's going on tour soon once he releases a single. While he's gone, you'll only have to clean his house once a month." He assures me.

I sigh with relief. "Thanks for letting me know. Goodbye; I'll talk to you again soon." After he bids his farewell, I hang up.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

A few weeks go by. I continue to work like normal, cleaning different houses and being invisible. Since my encounter at Yoongi's, I've mastered my invisibility skills. It's easier since I only clean his house once a month.

With Yoongi on tour, cleaning his house is easy. I just ensure everything is spic and span and nothing gets too dusty. There isn't much to tidy up. I'm usually done in an hour or so.

I'm scrolling on TikTok when a clip from Yoongi's tour appears on my For You Page. Suddenly, I realize that the first half of his tour is ending soon. At this realization, I grew a bit nervous. I hope I don't run into him again when he comes back.

It's almost time for me to head to work. Today Yoongi's house is on my schedule. It's the last time I'll clean it before he comes back. He'll be back home tomorrow.

I get ready and hail a taxi to his house. After I wipe everything down and mop, I take my time fluffing all the pillows and opening the curtains. As I open the curtains in the living room, I faintly hear the door open.

Panic skitters through my chest down to my knees, making them unsteady. I quickly begin to gather my belonging. I grab my purse from the floor near the couch and stand up. I freeze, horrified.

Yoongi stands across the room, staring at me. He observes my horrified face with a confused expression. I stare back at him with wide eyes. I quickly remember my manners.

Bowing at a 90-degree angle, I begin to apologize in Korean repeatedly. In my head, I silently pray I don't get in trouble. Losing this house would be a gigantic financial setback. Without the extra money from this house, I won't be able to pay for Hudson's schooling.

Hopefully, he doesn't think I'm a Sasaeng. He'll surely fire me if he thinks I have ulterior motives for cleaning his house. My pulse thumps in my neck as my heartbeat roars in my ears. Over the sound of my rushing blood, I faintly hear him chuckle.

"What are you apologizing for?" He questions in Korean with a slight tilt of his head.

I keep my head down in shame as I respond. "I should've left earlier. I'm sorry. I was told you'd be returning tomorrow."